Droid Incredible OTA Update Goes Out Today, V Cast Apps Now Available

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Apr 12, 2008
    Verizon should have begun pushing out the new OTA upgrade for the HTC Droid Incredible yesterday as they said it’d be pushed out starting November 8th. (Note the word starting: not everyone will get it at the same time.) Alongside other minor fixes and enhancements, this update will add Verizon’s V Cast Apps *to the [...]

2. MisawaCraig

MisawaCraig Member

Apr 14, 2010
    woke up to a message on my DINC telling me an update was needed. In the "more" selection it said it would be adding VCAST apps and other enhancements.

First impression: I don't like the look of VCast Apps store. Very clunky and dry. Doubtful I'll use it. Wish I could remove it along with some other forced on me apps!

Otherwise no significant difference really.

In the Software information screen it still reads 2.2 as the Android Version. Anything in any of the other fields on this screen I should notice a difference in?

Sorry I didn't get any screen grabs during the update. I was too lazy & still in bed.

Happy droiding everyone.
  3. todds

todds Member

Jun 24, 2010
    I woke up to the same thing except during my fricken update my phone was wiped clean, of everything. Very aggravated. Do you know how i find a list of all my apps I downloaded... then i have to get my home screens set back up, notes are missing... I HATE UPDATES!!! Thanks for your help.
  4. thealaskan

thealaskan Member

Jul 22, 2010
    After the update one of my gmail accounts won't sync.

It apparently logged me out, then wouldn't accept my password so I reset it. Now the gmail app wants me to type in the screwball skewed letters. Difficult to read at best. So I do, I get them all correct, (I know because after several failed attempts when I thought I had the letters correct, I used a magnifying glass) and I select Done and it just goes to a different set of letters.

Any help ? Extremely frustrating as this is my bus. email account.