Droid Incredible RebuildGeneral

Last Updated:

1. sammie2

sammie2 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all!

I have had my Droid Incredible for about (2) months and I have over time developed some small scratches on the phone and a piece of lint managed to get trapped under the screen.

I went ahead and ordered a brand new digitizer and complete housing with a white battery cover. :)

NOTE: All parts are OEM.

This will not be getting replaced by me, but by a cell phone repair store and I will post pics of the rebuild. I know there is already a link on how to take apart the phone but I figured I'd share my experience with you guys.

I will also be getting a Otterbox Defender case to protect the phone.

Advertisement
  2. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

This will be cool to see. A little late on the otterbox though. I am looking at this new company for cases called trident. The product looks really good and the incredible case will be releasing in the next week or 2 according to them. ( Trident Case- The Case You Can't Refuse. )

3. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

That case looks pretty sick. Looks a tad big tho

4. sammie2

So got my replacement housing in today and will being replacing the housing, as well as the digitizer since mine got scratched up (very minor) but im a neat freak when it comes to electronics.

I am using the OB Defender case and even though my case has very very minimal wiggle, I plan on using the wrap I got from Stealth guards and apply it to the back of the phone to add to the thickness and it should make that slight wiggle completely go away. (some people have used business cards or small piece of paper)

Attached Files:

5. sammie2

The supplier sent the wrong color cover....they are resending me a white cover so if anyone wants a red cover, just PM me!