• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid Incredible Stuck on "HTC INCREDIBLE" Boot Screen

Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I got a new HTC Incredible on Friday (with Froyo installed stock), Saturday morning I rooted it using the unrevoked 3 one click root. Sunday I installed the hydra undervolted kernel, that night I installed the hydra undervolted and overclocked kernel. Monday morning it kept locking up so I installed the hydra undervolted kernel again (like 8 am). Later that day I ran the Nandroid backup from the ClockWorkMod recovery screen it said that it might not work since I only have 15 mb left on my SD card but it finished without errors. Everything worked fine but this morning I could not connect to my 3G at all. After school I again tried connecting with no luck. Everything else worked. So I called Verizon tech support and after trying a bunch of things he had me do a hard reset. It booted fine so I booted into the ClockWorkMod Recovery screen restored my Nandroid backup and then it hung on the first white "htc incredible" screen. It will not get passed this. I tried different combinations of factory resets, restoring the backup and reinstalling the hydra kernel. I have tried installing the PB31IMG.zip but I get a "E:can't open /sdcard/PB31IMG.zip (bad) Installation aborted" error. Currently I am downloading an alternative PB31IMG.zip download and a Froyo PB31IMG.zip download. I really need help! Thanks in advance!

justinformed

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones