Droid incredible udate - don't do it!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. todds

todds Member This Topic's Starter

Woke up with update message, ran update. Phone completely wiped out of ALL data. Was very upset!! Does anyone know how to find a list of all previously loaded market place apps? This is a total pain in the butt...
    Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. locoandroid

locoandroid Well-Known Member

My wife's cell had it this morning and all the apps were there after the update

3. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

My phone is doing the update now, I'll edit this post with what happens.

EDIT: Retained my apps and settings.

4. i.bike.for.life

i.bike.for.life Active Member

Same thing happened to me...I had to reload everything I could remember...I know I don't have all of them, I just can't remember them all.
    For me, all my accounts, settings, contacts....everything was gone....including my work email exchange account....arrrrghhh!:mad:

5. todds

todds Member This Topic's Starter

yep, same here. still trying to remember things too. what a total pain. i don't know why we don't have a backup assistant that will backup everything. certainly some developer wants this too!

6. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Let me ask you this out of morbid curiosity. If you paid for an app, do you now have to pay for it again? Or, is it remembered by the Android Marketplace? If so, how does it indicate if it's remembered?

7. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member

the Android marketplace will remember what you purchased so if its not installed and u see it available to download it will say purchased. you in now way have to buy them again in the app store. other apps from other places...not sure. but app store, one time payment only

Medion likes this.
  8. i.bike.for.life

i.bike.for.life Active Member

I wish it did that for the free apps:(....Cuz, when I remember an app I used to have and go to the marketplace to get it again, it is not saying anything to make me think it remembers me.

9. trojanchick99

trojanchick99 Well-Known Member

I installed the update and my apps are still there.

I do however recommend in the future, you get AppBrain which syncs your apps and makes re-installing them much easier.

10. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Or pay for "Titanium backup" that application is amazing esp if you switch roms often.

11. Hitch_Itch

Hitch_Itch Well-Known Member

Like Trojan said, If you use app brain and have done a appbrain sync you can log into appbrain from you desktop and send all you apps back to your phone, next time you open appbrain from your phone and hit sync it will start to reinstall all your apps you had

12. parkschr

parkschr Well-Known Member

I didn't lose anything after my update a few days ago. Plus I use appbrain as well.

13. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

I updated last night.....no issues at all.

14. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

Appbrain!!

15. koolaid25

koolaid25 Member

After the update my SD card was unreadable. Initially system said it was, suddenly removed. Put the card in my computer. It would list my folders. After messing around with it I was able to copy some important stuff. Checked SD card for file system errors. Had a handful. Repaired and now it seems fine. Noticed the 'location' options have changed. 'Better Keyboard' is now very slow. V cast store is is expensive and there are no comments.
    Koolaid25

16. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

As others have said, I would recommend either a) using appbrain or b) using a file manager such as astro, which has in it an option to back-up apps. This way you have a copy of all of your .apk files on your sd card, which you could then copy to your computer as a more secure back-up in case your sd gets wiped somehow. MyBackupPro is a great back-up app as well that'll back-up everything. Contacts are already backed up via your gmail account, as long as you select contacts to be a gmail contact rather than phone contact.

As for getting the apps you had before, the only ones that are remembered by the market are the paid apps. Market>menu>my downloads. . . it will list all your purchased apps.

17. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Mine factory reset after the update, too, but see my other thread I've been having issues on prior to the update. I'm not feeling very Incredible at the moment. :(

18. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

Updated mine and gf's on saturday with no problems

19. GammaAzazel

GammaAzazel Well-Known Member

Mine only wiped out contact facebook data...but its still a pain in the ass none the less, I lost all of the numbers synced for the account, now they aren't showing up at all, and some of my friends on the phone won't show up as a contact at all.

20. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

Got my update on Thursday and all my apps and settings were still there. It's strange that some people got wiped