Droid Incredible Video RecordingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. CyberVike

CyberVike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

According to official specs recording is present but does anyone know for sure if it's 720p recording?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it looks like it's not. Huge fail to me as the HTC EVO on sprint has it.

3. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this be a software issue? I'd think the hardware specs would support it as described.

4. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

Can third-party software use the camera to record in 720p?

5. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

We don't know really. We're more interested on whether the hardware is able to do it--because then we can unlock it at our discretion. You'll know when we know.

6. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Here's my take: The EVO is still being developed so the software is likely in beta. It's nowhere near it's final software build else it could be released earlier than mid-June. Therefore, you might see the ability floating around on EVO test units, but that's okay because if it's buggy, it's still being worked. Probably not a finalized feature in time for the Incredible release. I'll bet that they push an OTA update around the time the EVO releases or shortly after that enables 720p on the Incredible. I have a hard time believing a profitable company like HTC sourced two different 8MP cameras. Besides, someone found in the profile for the Incredible that it's 720p capable (hardware).

JoshWisoff and Sailingmaster like this.
  7. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

It's actually quite possible to do that because the EVO won't be out for another couple of months. Cheaper parts are cheaper parts when it comes down to it. We can look at some of their recent phones as example--but I hope you're right for all intents and purposes.