Droid Info

Last Updated:

1. rfaust

rfaust New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi...I purchased my Droid phone yesterday. Right about now, I feel like a dummy....LOL. Do you have a website or instructions on how to use the phone? The little manual only tells so much. For example: I would like to forward emails to multiple contacts, plus more. I gave up my EN V3 which was an excellent phone. I wanted to try the touch screen and decided on the Droid. PLEASE ASSIST ON THE USE!!! THANKS.:eek:

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard!

I'm moving this thread from the Introduction forum to the Motorola Droid forum so that the users there can better assist you! :)

3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Welcome to the Droid! I hope you enjoy it as much as I (and so many others) do.

This is a link to the entire user manual. I hope it has what you want in it. I have never read through it because I like to just play with my new toys to learn how to use them.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...tatic-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf

Kratos

4. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

edit: Sorry I attached a Youtube vid that's no longer available. Sucks. It was a great tutorial too that shows 25 tips for the droid in less than 10 minutes.

5. kratos

6. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Yeah, bummer. I was editing my post. thanks kratos.

To the OP: Just so you know, long press brings up a lot of hidden menus.

7. kratos

Yea, I kinda wanted to see it to see if maybe I could learn something new. Oh Well.

Kratos

8. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Another thing to know - if there's something you want the phone to do, which it doesn't do the way it comes from the factory - there's probably an app (more than likely a free one) that will do it.

9. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Yup. Don't assume that you have to use the stock apps. Most apps are fairly straightforward IMO. Poking around and forum sites are the only references I've ever used.

10. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Yep just like if u like to forward texts that people send you out to your friends, download a messaging app from the market, one that will bring up your contact list so you can check who your sending to. The stock app, you have to manually put in everyone -cough- handcent

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. kratos

I agree that Handcent SMS is a great SMS/MMS app. It is relatively lightweight at just over 2MB and is highly customizable! IMO, I think it is the best SMS/MMS app available.

Kratos