Droid just dropped my email...anybody else?

Last Updated:

1. drew3739

drew3739 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had Exchange and Yahoo both set up on my droid for about 1 month now. Working fine. Today I noticed my phone hadnt gone off with emails so I pressed the email icon and gone. It was back at the setup wizard. It just up and dropped both my yahoo and exchange. They both set back up just fine but strange nonetheless.

anybody else?

Advertisement
  2. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

I would take a look at the apps that you have installed recently.

3. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

I had that happen with my exchange. I don't sync yahoo so not sure about that. I wrote it up to the fact that Exchange was having issues but I'm not so sure.

I didn't lose GMail at the time so.....

4. drew3739

drew3739 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok this is happening more and more often. It seems like it happens more when my phone dies. Like if I let it actually die and plug it back in to charge after a minute or two it's gone again. I have to actually reconfigure it all. It has done it once without actually dieing when I pulled the battery to pull the sd card.

There are plenty of others going through this.

Motorola Droid users experiencing email deletion bug - TechSpot News

Is your DROID deleting your email? (Phone Arena News)

Also just so we are clear this isnt a problem of it deleting certain emails or all emails, it is deleting the WHOLE account. I see alot of people posting on forums about configuring settings to not delete emails. This is the whole account so you basically have to go in and reconfigure it.

5. mikedageek

mikedageek New Member

I lost my Exchange and Hotmail accounts under 2.0 .... and I have now lost it under 2.1 ... never lost them under 2.01 ... I have a co-worker complaining of the same

6. gimmeanathlon

gimmeanathlon Well-Known Member

Using exchange, gmail, and a few other accounts. Still going strong.
    Perhaps checking new apps?
    Good luck.

7. mully

mully Well-Known Member

I lost exchange the other day, but Gmail wasstill working. I had to redo the entire setup. I haven't downloaded any apps recently. I don't know why it happened.

8. clozer

clozer Member

I was having the same problem. I wouldnt get email unless I forced it to check. I downloaded K9 and the problem has seemed to go away. The stock email program on this phone seems to have some real issues. I searched the threads and several are moving to K9. You can find it in the marketplace.