• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid keeps rebooting...why??

djfrost

Aug 3, 2010
Los Angeles
i was hoping to get some help to figure out why my D1 is rebooting itself. its random...not sure why it does it...

ROM = LFYv1.4
Theme = WatermarkD3.3LFY1.4a
Kernel = ChevyNo1-1.1Ghz-lowV-7slot-update (originally i had it @ ulow...but that kept rebooting more often)

so maybe i just answered my own question...should i flash a 1.1 @ med?

any thoughts?

thanks in advance!!

My Droid was doing random reboots and I found out that my battery was bad. A replacement battery fixed it just fine.

If it's not the battery, your Droid may not like Chevy's Kernels. Maybe try a different dev's kernel.

Kratos

i think you are right...i switched kernels...i am now on chevy's 1.1 med @ 1ghz...and it is running just fine.

and i have been thinking about getting the D2 extended battery...

thanks for the advise...

Upvote 0
good suggestion...i am going to try some of the Slayher kernels...

EDIT UPDATE: seems like my phone does not like any kernel over 1.1...werid...i was able to successfully flash Slayher 1.1LV v1.6...i'll run this kernel for a couple of days and see how my phone run. thanks for the idea guys!!

Not unusual. I've had some luck running 1.2 GHz kernels (now using Chevy's ULV 1.2 GHz and loving it) but I've gotten a boot loop everytime I've tried a 1.25 GHz kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones