Droid Lagging bad... Due to memory Card???Support

Last Updated:

1. djfrostbyte

djfrostbyte Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so here's the deal. I had advanced Task killer on my phone without problems for quite a few weeks, but yesterday I got a notification from the market that there was an update which I did and it installed properly. But after that time I noticed my droid running like crap. Switching between almost empty home screens was laggy and jumpy (for lack of better words). So immediately I uninstall the task killer and still laggy. So then I literally uninstalled every app on the phone except for Pandora. Still lags. So I started looking online for info and everyone blames the lag on the task killer apps, but they also stated noticing improvement immediately after deleting the task killer app. So just out of curiosity I took out the memory card and rebooted the phone. It runs perfectly. Hmm... So then I thought maybe the memory card was corrupt somewhere and so I put in a different recently formatted 4gb micro SD card and turned the phone back on... surprised to find the phone STILL lagging just as bad if not worse. Could this be a hardware issue with the card reader in the phone and have nothing to do with software at all? that is what I'm leaning towards. Any suggestions? Should I take the phone to Verizon?

Advertisement
  2. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

I'd do a reset before taking the phone back.

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Definitely do a factory reset. The new card might have lagged worse because it was creating new cache files, and perhaps the old on got corrupted. I would factory reset the DROID and format the sd card before taking it back.

4. djfrostbyte

Well thanks.. Doing the factory reset solved the problem... but I wish I knew what caused the problem in the first place. Thanks again.

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

My best guess would be something that the task killer app stored within the internal memory. I know most parts of a app are stored on the sd card but certain aspects are on the internal memory, so that s most likely what caused it.

6. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

Let's see, you ask if it's the SD card, but tried a DIFFERENT SD card and got the same results?

In troubleshooting terms, you ruled out your SD card as the culprit. If it's still sluggish after removing all of the third party apps, I'd try a reset.

7. djfrostbyte

Yeah, thanks again for the replies. The problem went away after a master reset, and reactivating the phone was simple as the phone guides you through it once again. My only question is I had the update to the android 2.0.1... how do I know if it went to that, or if it went back to 2.0.0? Any ideas there? :confused:

8. djfrostbyte

nevermind, It held on to the 2.0.1 firmware =o)

9. tj31

tj31 New Member

I'm having basically the same problem. How do you do a "factory reset?"

10. djfrostbyte

11. sunsetstormx

sunsetstormx New Member

I've only had my Droid X for 2 days and it's been lagging tonight bad. I had the Fascinate before and did not like that phone at all. Should I do a factory reset this soon??? Please help me. Thanks!:confused::confused::confused:

12. sunsetstormx

sunsetstormx New Member

{Update: It decided to start working its normal fast pace. However if this happens again or starts repeatedly happening, I will need advice. I also can't seem to see how one takes the battery off this phone? It seems there is no seam to pull or edge?}

13. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Or patience to allow the phone to do what it needs to do?