droid lifes post on froyo speeds?

Last Updated:

1. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

droid life has posted the nexus one and incredible's speeds on froyo. they are reporting an amazing speed just shy of 40 mflops ! i know they have different hardware but i was wondering why im only getting around 19? is there really that much of a difference?

Advertisement
  2. montyboy

montyboy Member

Do you have a link to the droid-life post you mentioned? I would really like to read the original article. Thanks.

3. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

4. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

You have to remember that these are just benchmarking numbers...

What does 40+ MFLOPS mean in terms of "actual" phone speed? Well, look at the Quadrant scores in the article. I'm beating those scores by a couple of hundred points yet I only have 17+ MFLOPS via Linpack. I wouldn't get too caught up in the benchmarking stats. It means very little in practical terms.

5. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

To give validity to that, I've been using two diff ROMs the past couple days, one is Succulent Desire v.6.5 and the other is Simply Stunning v.4.4. They're amazingly comparable in fluidity, both are giving me great results. They're both the smoothest ROMs I've used. The diff is I've scored 1561 for a high on Quadrant w/ SD and about 1380 best w/ SS.