Droid locking upSupport

Last Updated:

1. MSU

MSU Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just curious if anyone is having this problem while on the phone. I have had this happen to me twice and I have to take the battery out to get it unlocked.
    It seems to happen when I'm on the phone for a long period of time. The screen will stay black, never come back and the lower buttons, (home, etc.) will be all lit up. So, I can't hang up etc without taking the battery out. The power button does not work either even if I hold it down for awhile.
    I do have open home on the droid which could be causing a problem, but I don't know.

Advertisement
  2. lordpsion

lordpsion Member

Funny that you should post this. I just had this happen to me last night around 5:30p PST. Same exact symptoms. When the phone booted back up it was like it saved state because it returned right to a lock screen. Once I unlocked it I opened my Task Killer app and it looked like almost every app on the phone was running. I wonder if somehow while I was talking my cheek against the touch screen was somehow spawning apps and when it spawned too many it just took a nose dive.

3. MSU

But, if you have the phone up to your face while talking, the screen should be turned off.

4. bobarcher

bobarcher Active Member

Yes...I, too, have had this happen to me more than once. I have had the screen go black and had to reboot by taking out the battery. I have also had the screen freeze and pressing the power off button and turning off, back on corrected the situation. Very annoying!

5. MSU

Yes, it is very annoying and should not happen while talking on the cell. When it first happend to me I could still hear the other person on the other end asking me what was going on while I was sitting there bitching at the phone. I had to tell them to hang up to end the call, then pulled the battery.
    If it is a Moto thing, then they should fix that quick!!!!

6. lordpsion

lordpsion Member

Sometimes the proximity sensor doesn't seem to work so well. I've noticed that while I was on that call that the screen was on. If I pulled it away from my face it would go off then perhaps back on, etc. Bottom line was that it had a chance spawn apps for sure.

7. Dan_Droid

Dan_Droid Banned

If I recall correctly, this is a known issue and is going to be addressed in the next firmware update rumored to be coming Dec 11th.

8. cadencehz

cadencehz New Member

9. starlitxeyes

starlitxeyes New Member

when ever i plug it into the computer to sync music seems to be when it hangs up the most. also after talking i get hung up for a few seconds. going to factory reset again.

10. DevilDoc602

DevilDoc602 New Member

I have the Droid and it has been locking up more and more. Verizon replaced the first one and now this is the second phone to do it. Happens several times a day. Dont know if its a hardware or software issue, phone has not been dropped or wet.