Droid losing data connection randomly

Last Updated:

1. KallDrexx

KallDrexx New Member This Topic's Starter

I couldn't find a thread about this so I'm sorry if I missed it and one exists.

I got a new Droid (new verizon customer) last Friday. Twice now I have lost 3G downsignal only (which effectively means no data connection). To be clear, I still have the 3G signal icon on my phone, and all my apps are uploading data (according to the icon) however no data is being sent back down. I've tried waiting 10 minutes and tried going in and out of airplane mode (3G icon does come back after leaving airplane mode) however I still don't have downstream connection, only upstream.

The only way I have fixed this is to reboot the phone, which sucks. Has anyone had this issue? I'm not sure i'll be able to get a replacement (even with insurance) unless I can reproduce it in front of Verizon reps, so I'm not sure what I should do about it.

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

You should have Verizon support help you re-provision your Droid, could be helpful.

3. KallDrexx

KallDrexx New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks I'll try that. What does reprovisioning entail? Is that something that can be done over the phone or should I go into a B&M store?

4. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

had this happen to me today, really annoying trying to send out an email and it wouldn't go, I was even connected to wifi and nothing until I rebooted the phone

5. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Occasionally, I'll get data problems. Like the other night, I couldn't access any of my radio apps. Switched to wifi, nothing. Switched back to 3G. After a bit, everything was fine. Has happened before, but not often. Any ideas as to what causes this?

6. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Well-Known Member

This is not a droid issue. I have the same problem with my HTC Dream on Rogers in canada. I think this is an android issue or possibly were just in a bad area when it happens

7. SinfulDragon

a bad area is a good answer except wifi doesn't even make it work

8. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Well-Known Member

Or like i said its an android issue

9. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is Android. It's not 3G, I've got great coverage there. It's not Wifi either, as it's happened while being 10 feet from my router.

10. SinfulDragon

as long as its not an issue with my phone that needs to be taken back then I'm sure we can all share in the pain till they get her fine tuned.

11. SinfulDragon

man doesn't that sound sad LOL, I guess thats the patience that I learned while I owned the Storm 1