droid malware/reinstall androidSupport

1. DarkCold

DarkCold New Member

hello I'm new here :D
    about 2 weeks ago I got malware on my droid and I need to reinstall android 2.1, does anyone know where I can download a reinstall file?
    and yes I did do all the restore system, it does not work.
    I have a droid 1.

Advertisement
    :
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If you go to menu>settings>privacy and select factory data reset it will clear all user data and installed apps, including any malware you might have inadvertently loaded. What is the malware that you have?

If the data reset isn't the way you want to go, then I'll move this thread to the right forum to get instructions to root and flash your phone. Let me know either way.
  3. DarkCold

DarkCold New Member

the malware clicks random buttons and I cant do anything.
    all I can do is boot into recovery mode.
  4. lunatic59

See if these instructions work for you:

1. Power down the DROID by holding the power button and then selecting Power Off
    2. Hold the X key on the keyboard and turn the power back on, keep holding down the X key until you see a yellow triangle icon
    3. Now close the slider and hold down the Volume Up button, then press the Camera button while still holding volume up
    4. A menu will appear and one of the choices will be "wipe data/factory reset" -- use the direction pad on they keyboard to select this option
    5. Scroll down using the direction pad to the "yes" option and select it with the d-pad select key

In the meantime, I'm going to move this thread to the appropriate forum.
  5. DarkCold

DarkCold New Member

I have done that already. still no change :/
  6. lunatic59

Hmmm, then you might not actually have a malware problem but a hardware problem. You might try flashing the phone, but if a factory reset doesn't work, I'm not sure if a rom will either. I don't have any experience with the original Droid so you might want to see the help of these guys... Droid - All Things Root - Android Forums