Advertisement
  2. mcadam

mcadam Well-Known Member

3. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

Verizon Moto X gets temporary root - LINK

4. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

May i ask what site is this from . I see that they have a bootloader solution for the s4:eek::what:
  5. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Also how much gb does this moto x has the newest one they say tmobile is getting it but stores in my hood say not yet
  6. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

While we're rooting, can we please change the boot animation to this:

Covert_Death and BRAINZ2013 like this.
  7. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

On xda jcase said the maxx is rooted now. But all these roots are still temporary and none of then ate released yet
  8. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Yup, it's only a short wait away from the looks of it. JCase is going to enjoy that almost $700 bounty. Good for him! And good for us! :D
  9. Cincybearcatfan

I think I am too, root checker says my phone is rooted but I can't install SU.
  10. Cincybearcatfan

Also, I didn't install it through ADB Push I installed it by simply clicking install. Although I think I'm rooted, I can't uninstall any Verizon Bloatware.

Any ideas?
  11. redpipe

redpipe Active Member

Install SuperSU. It will tell you that the su binary needs updated, ignore that. Download your favorite root app and give it a go.
  12. Cincybearcatfan

How do we uninstall the Verizon bloat now?
  13. redpipe

redpipe Active Member

14. Cincybearcatfan

15. Cincybearcatfan

Okay, I feel really dumb. I think it's the giddyness of root. I always use Titanium Backup. I even have the "pro" version of it.

:eek:
  16. Cincybearcatfan

I've uninstalled them but they still show up in my apps as disabled.

Hmmmmm . . . .
  17. redpipe

redpipe Active Member

Oh yea, we don't have full access to system yet, so for now we won't be able to disable bloat. If you reboot, they will be back.
  18. Einsteindks

Einsteindks Well-Known Member

SU update isn't installing for me, but is doing permissions fine. I took the out-of-the-box update, and there were no glitches running the exploit. I did notice all my notification sound assignments were scrambled. Small price to pay!

Last edit(?) q/e in recovery reads 0/0. I guess this doesn't truly reflect the root situation anymore?
  19. Somniferum

Somniferum Well-Known Member

Great news on the root developments! I'm going to wait until things stabilize a bit before rooting my Maxx, but I'm super excited to see people successfully achieving root!

Just one word of caution from my experience with the Bionic: If you ever want to install a future OTA update (and you probably will), you are much better off using Titanium Backup (or a similar app) to Freeze the bloatware rather than uninstalling it. The reason is that the updater process checks for the bloatware and if it doesn't find it, the update will fail. This happened to a lot of people on the Bionic. At that point the only option is to do a FXZ (if available), which is a huge PITA.

Of course you don't want to be taking any OTA updates right now if you want to root, since the update would likely patch the root exploit, but in the future once root access is stabilized it may be possible to maintain root through an update using apps such as Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. At that point the issue with uninstalled bloatware would come into play.

Just a heads up!
    SNeitzel likes this.
  20. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

21. Lucky Armpit

Lucky Armpit Well-Known Member

Yup, same thing for me. TiBu Pro says they are uninstalled but checking Apps in System Settings, they are still there. JCase says he's working on the SuperSU issue. I need to correct my post on xda.
  22. Einsteindks

Einsteindks Well-Known Member

:-D. He da man! I can't imagine it being anything hugely significant. Take your time JCase!