• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Maxx WiFi Problems

A big thank you to EarlyMon. I followed his instructions and I believe I have found the offending app.

My symptoms were very specific. WiFi would work properly everywhere except in my home. The symptoms were, after powering up, it would find my home WiFi momentarily, then, after about a minute, it would stop finding any networks. Not just my own WiFi but any WiFi withing range.

It was the AAA Automotive app. It was the third app that I tried removing after clearing the recovery cache. I uninstalled the app. Then cleared the recovery cache again for good measure. Then started the phone normally and it has been working well so far.

Thanks Again EarlyMon

Upvote 0
Just had a similar issue. Mine turned out to be the CVS app.
With that app installed, if I had WIFI and BT turned on at the same time, WIFI would fail to scan or connect 90% of the time. Turn of BT, WIFI would connect. Uninstall CVS app, both BT and WIFI working together just fine.
Have had that app installed for some time, must be a recent update that broke things.

Reactions: doogald
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones