Droid Media Problem - HELP!

Last Updated:

1. Kadaver

Kadaver New Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 11, 2010
    So i got the Droid the first day it came out, i was really happy. So it has been about 2 months?

Well the problems started 3 weeks ago when i noticed whenever i move around the headphones inside the jack, the music stops or one of the ear buds stop working. so i thought it was the headphones since skullcandies don't last long. i got a new pair and listened again but it STILL HAPPENED :mad:. (btw, the phone is not rooted)

The Phone still plays media fine without the headphones, so i thought no big deal. NEW PROBLEMS started to occur. The phone would NOT PLAY Media files whatsoever. (games, music, notifications, APPS :eek:) every time it happens i have to restart the phone.

I'm really sad and this is my last chance before i maybe have to pay fees to get another Droid because I'm die hard music fan and cant live without it. PLEASE HELP

2. DroidAddict

DroidAddict Active Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Purely a guess on my part, but I know when I'm listening to Pandora and I pull my headphones out, the music stops instead of continuing to play through phone's speaker. Assuming this is a built in function, I would guess that your headphone port has been damaged and has a short. Therefore the phone is getting a disconnect signal and stopping the music.