• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Meets Toilet Bowl

DOUBLEA

Lurker
Mar 24, 2012
After dropping my X2 into the toilet I immediately removed the battery and gave it a thorough wipe down. Mu HUGE mistake was wanting to power it back up which led to boot failure. So I left it in the sunlight for a while to let it dry out. Several hours later this ended up with it getting stuck in fastboot, battery pulled again, several more hours and phone powered back no problem. That is when the fun began.. the power button does not work at ALL (have to pull battery), he LED is permanently illuminated (in several new colors depending on its mood), and there is clearly internal water damage visible in screen. I am less concerned about the streaky screen that I am about the power issue. The home button will wake it up no way to place it into standby. Too late for the Rice bag.... any ideas ?
:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones