• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid MultiMedia Station - Weather updates

Couldn't tell you, I put in my zip code 60601 and it reports 'No result found'
I put in the zip code next to me (60606) and it reports 'No result found'
I put in the name of the city & state (Chicago, IL) and it says 'No result found'

Apparently Chicago has no weather today! (maybe it's too friggin cold for acuweather to register?)

exact issue i'm having, that i suspect others are too. nothing for Cincinnati, OH.

Well I was hoping that I would not have this issue but it started last night. I docked my droid and glanced at the temp..... dashes! We were having a snow storm in NY so I figured that might be it so I tried to look it up with the weather.com app i have installed, worked perfectly???

So here is what I have and what I have tried to fix it:
-I have dock runner installed and have had weather.com since the day I got the phone.
-I have tried to set the location manually and automatically. However now I can not set it manually for some reason.
-I have killed the app with app killer and the on board app manager, no changes.
-Old faithful, the battery pull....NOTHING!
-I uninstalled weather.com and tried, no changes. Reinstalled then of course and tried again, nothing.

I do not want to hard reset my phone for the 4th time in one month for this fix so I hope it is just an android issue that will be fixed in the next patch. If anyone finds a fix help us all out.
don't hard-reset. it won't fix anything. i've already tried.

Upvote 0
Well I was hoping that I would not have this issue but it started last night. I docked my droid and glanced at the temp..... dashes! We were having a snow storm in NY so I figured that might be it so I tried to look it up with the weather.com app i have installed, worked perfectly???

So here is what I have and what I have tried to fix it:
-I have dock runner installed and have had weather.com since the day I got the phone.
-I have tried to set the location manually and automatically. However now I can not set it manually for some reason.
-I have killed the app with app killer and the on board app manager, no changes.
-Old faithful, the battery pull....NOTHING!
-I uninstalled weather.com and tried, no changes. Reinstalled then of course and tried again, nothing.

I do not want to hard reset my phone for the 4th time in one month for this fix so I hope it is just an android issue that will be fixed in the next patch. If anyone finds a fix help us all out.

Try setting your location manually by entering your zip code.

I wonder which side is responsible for determining location by zip code. I'd imagine it's Accuweather. I suspect they changed the interface that the dock app is using.

I think we can all safely conclude it wasn't the weather.com app judging from the number of other people experiencing this issue.

Upvote 0
"It found my latitude and longitude but still could not provide me with any weather updates. When I tried to manually set the location again, it could not find my zip code (or any that I typed in)! Then I tried county, city, and state ... nothing. "

Same problem here - it will not recognize my location by city/state OR zip code. It locks onto my long/lat just fine, but still only dashes on the display. Been like this for a few days now.

My droid is still pre-update, but nothing I have read about 2.0.1 seems to address this issue.

Put me on team "More than Annoyed"...!

Upvote 0
I been noting that the posts here about missing the weather info on the Multimedia Station or DockRunner app all seem synchronized.

Everyone' weather info seems to go bad on the same days, be bad for a day or two no matter what, and then magically recover, for no good reason, all about the same time.

All this seems to indicate a problem with the server somewhere, unless we all psychically connected through our Droids?

Upvote 0
I been noting that the posts here about missing the weather info on the Multimedia Station or DockRunner app all seem synchronized.

Everyone' weather info seems to go bad on the same days, be bad for a day or two no matter what, and then magically recover, for no good reason, all about the same time.

All this seems to indicate a problem with the server somewhere, unless we all psychically connected through our Droids?

Hmm we should probably check more frequently and post our results. Personally speaking, I haven't had any luck with it for at least 1 week.

Upvote 0
+1 starrred, this is annoying, it worked fine for me pre 2.0.1....

A post on the "update" thread said they had the problem either way.
http://androidforums.com/174405-post695.html

A lot of it looks to be timing. I noted everyone posting that their weather started working suddenly about the same time as mine, spontaneously.

Weather continued to work for me at least a couple days ago. My phone is only in the dock every ~3 days, when I charge it.

Then when a number of posts spontaneously appear today say it stopped working again, I checked and mine doesn't work again either.

As for those who say it doesn't work for a whole week, maybe they don't check often enough to see the times it works, or they have another issue?

Upvote 0
I wonder what feed the dock uses to get the info for the widget. I use a program on my PC called Rainmeter which among other things adds a weather widget to my desktop. Now Rainmeter skins used to use Weather.com as the default for their weather feeds until weather.com decided they could make cash off it and didn't want to keep eating the bandwidth usage. That community has since changed to using Accu-weather. I wonder if the Droid is using the same feed as Rainmeter or other similar programs and the new traffic added by the Droid is simply lagging down their servers. Might be a long shot but a possibility.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones