• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid MultiMedia Station - Weather updates

Mine had been doing this for the past week. I just threw it into the dock, and it updated within 10seconds with my home location. I then hit Weather Setup and clicked to get my current (work) location, it took about 30 seconds, got it, and now it displays fine on the main screen.

I got the 2.0.1 update last night, have no clue if that has anything to do with it working better.

Upvote 0
i heard google was having some issues with weather... that could be it, because last night was the first time i had an issue with weather on the dock.

Same here. I also got the 2.0.1 update last night as well. I wondered if there was a relation, but it sounds like it's server side.

ETA:
Just put it on the dock and the weather updated.

Upvote 0
Mine just started working too. I've been checking for an hour and it was still bad. I just redid the location and it works now.

Unless everyone's Droid hardware, OS, or Apps spontaneously start failing or working at the same time, I suspect the problem is on the server side.

On a related issue, my weather is still failing - It's cold and raining in California this week!!

Upvote 0
This is certainly an Accuweather issue. I live about 30 minutes from them and have friends who work there. During times of inclement weather (such as what we have experienced the last 2 days on the East Coast), Accuweather's servers become very overloaded. This will cause intermittent or extended periods of the weather not showing correctly. This is not a Google/Motorola problem. My only suggestion for them would be to allow me to change between say Accuweather and TWC in the event of future problems.

Upvote 0
hey guys can you help me. I dont know if my dock is broke or what, but I have had my dock for about a week, and the weather has never come up, I have installed relocated a hundred times, and it just never showes anything, just the lines.

it finds locations quick, but wont show weather. I have teh weatheter station app installed too, and that works on the phone. its just nothing works on the dock.

grant you, I am new to all of this, so any help would be great.

thanks

Upvote 0
This is hilarious. I suppose your corns and arthritis also give you the forecast.

No, but if I put the droid in my hand... then stick my hand outside... the droid tells my hand directly what temperature it is... +/- 20 degrees or so. :p

Perhaps this means the Droid was built with some sort of "Server Keeper and Youtube Neural Ethernet Transmitter" chip (SKYNET for short :))? If so, I'd really appreciate it if a developer would get on with making an app with push-thought capacities, I'd love to make the cute girl down at Starbucks "suddenly" realize just how wildly attractive I really am. Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones