Droid not connecting to computer when debugging active

Last Updated:

1. D13

D13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been rooted since February and up until i bought a new laptop everything has worked great when running adb commands. But one day, after I bought a new laptop, it would not recognize that my droid was connected. So I did some research and one solution I saw was to disable debugging, I did and that and it worked. But now I cannot run any adb commands(error: device not found). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the usb drivers but still that didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this problem.

Advertisement
  2. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

3. D13

Installing right now.

4. D13

Right when I replied I got a message that said, unable to install because a newer version is available. I'm pretty sure I already have the newest version. I have version 4.6.0

5. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Let us know. I DLed the drivers directly from the Motorola site and haven't had any issue.

And while I doubt it's applicable, when I first flashed CM 5.0.7.1 I couldn't mount my sd card. No idea why. Another one of those issues that worked itself out after a lil while.

6. D13

yeah i also downloaded the drivers directly from motorola. Right now im running nexbeast v1.1. But had the same issue with cyanogenmod 5.0.7.1 and bb v1.1

7. htowngtr

htowngtr Well-Known Member

Since running BB 1.0/1.1 I have had this issue. If debugging is on, the SD card will not mount.

8. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

My debugging and mounting appear to be okay...I'm unable to start up ADB/SDK tools in order to perform any adb commands with my PC....

Now I'm getting a message saying "adb server is out of date. killing...."

any time I try now it says device not found....

I updated my SDK Tools, my Motorola drivers are up to date...the only thing left to do is to switch to another ROM to see if it is unique to CM 5.0.7.1, as I did not have a problem until updated to that...

9. D13

Yeah i am not even able to mount my sdcard let alone run adb without debugging turned off.

10. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

This has baffled me forever. My phone is fine...my wife's phone has to have debugging turned off to connect. Same computer...same ROM...doesn't matter. I just tell her that her phone is difficult just like her! :p