Droid Not Saving My Selected Default Homescreen

Last Updated:

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With any of the homescreen replacement apps (Launcher 2.1, Home++, Sweeter Home Preview 2) my phone refuses to save which homescreen I want to be default for when I hit the "Home" button

This didn't use to be true. Something changed somewhere along the way, and now it'll save the "default action" for a little while and then it'll ask me to select again

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

3. DGalt

Tried that. Helped somewhat, but not a complete fix

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Have you tried clearing the defaults for both Launcher+ and Home (stock)? Sometimes the settings seem to get a little borked and need a reset.

Menu > settings > applications > manage applications > Press Menu again > filter > all

Then select: Home > clear defaults

Repeat the same processor for Launcher+

Then try pressing home again and setting the default to Launcher+

czarphanguye likes this.
  5. DGalt

Yeah I've tried that as well, hasn't fixed it. I'm actually trying to set the regular home screen to default, the ROM I'm using right now just has the launcher 2.1 as part of it.

6. orac

orac New Member

I've been having this issue as well. I've been using Launcher+ for the past week or so and really like it except that almost every time I press the home button, it asks me again if I want to use Home or Launcher+.

I've checked the "Use by default for this action" box about 100 times now, and it always "forgets".

Here are the things i've tried so far to correct the issue:

1 . settings > applications > manage applications > set filter to All > reset defaults on Home app - I've done this several times.

2. Uninstall > reboot > then reinstall Launcher+ app.

3. Installed the Home Switcher app. Every time I launch Home Switcher it reverts to "Your Default Home app is (not determined yet)" even seconds after setting Launcher+ as the default.

4. Installed Home++ to give Home Switcher more apps to choose from. Setting Home++ as default also resets every time.

5. Deleted the Google search widget from the stock Home app (just in case widgets are the issue)

6. Searched this and other forums for similar issues. I've seen a few reports of success or partial success using Home Switcher, but in my case no luck.

Every once in a while I get lucky and setting Launcher+ "sticks" as default for a few presses of the home button.

I really can't think of anything else that might make my settings "stick".

My phone has never been rooted.