Droid on Verizon or Blackberry on ATT in Raleigh-Durham?

Last Updated:

1. justcorbly

justcorbly New Member This Topic's Starter

Decicions, decisions. I'm torn between a Droid 2 Global and a BB Torch 9800. Much depends on the kind of coverage I can expect in Raleigh-Durham, specifically in west Cary off High House Road near Route 55. Would appreciate insight from folks living there now. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. cabraswell

cabraswell Well-Known Member

Personally I'd pick any Droid over a BB any day. It's probably a personal preference choice though.

3. justcorbly

justcorbly New Member This Topic's Starter

Well, for me it comes down to a physical keyboard and GSM capability. But the obvious key attribute is the kind of coverage in that area. Local word-of-mouth there is a very mixed bag re: ATT vs Verizon.

4. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Check the coverage maps and talk to your friends. In my area Verizon is the best, but that may not be true where you are. Most people here are going to tell you to get a Droid either way as we all love ours.

5. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

I'm gonna move this over to the Android Lounge section since it doesn't really pertain to the Droid 2. Hopefully you'll be able to get more answers there.

6. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

What service do you currently have? Or do you not have anything? Also, why android on one versus BlackBerry on the other/ Are those two phones just your top picks? I guess I am just wondering why you are just not all in on blackberry or all in on android and simply torn between carriers.

7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

...and don't forget that carriers give you X number of days to cancel without ETF when you sign up.