Droid or Rachael

Last Updated:

1. maderhatter

maderhatter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, so I was ready to pull out the bank card on the 28th and start buying everything Droid if they released it online after the press conference.
    Now with the Press Conference for the SE X3/X10/Rachael/Infinity on Nov. 3rd, is there any reason why I should be having second thoughts?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. wilbur

wilbur Member

a good reason is that Sony Ericsson have a track record of announcing a device and then months and months rolling past before the device launches. E.g. the P990 - practically a year before it made it to the shops!
    I hope they do better with the Rachel, but I'm not holding my breath.

3. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Well-Known Member

The SE has been tempting me for a while.

Without knowing all the specs on either phone and what Google apps may be included on the Xperia, I see the major differences as keyboard/vanilla android/3.7" screen vs. no keyboard/Sony UI/4" screen.

That screen sure looks nice, and I could live without a keyboard, but the Droid will be more usable to me with a keyboard and d pad for games, and the 3.7" screen is not shabby.

What features are most important to you?

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Another thing is that the Xperia X1 wasn't even released in the US.

5. maderhatter

For me its mostly gonna be for messaging and entertainment. The keyboard is nice, but not a deal breaker either way. Hell, I guess if it dropped within 30 days i could just exchange, but I think I'm just being crazy! lol The only thing I'm really bothered about is I havent seen hardly ANY video of the UI for the Droid. I know the Droid will be very customizable so I'm gonna be hitting some of ya'll up real soon for app advice. I think I'm back on the Droid Warwagon!:D

6. maderhatter

Thats a good point too! I was under the impression that it was definitely a Verizon phone. Not sure why, but i hope it is!

7. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Well Droid is running plain old Android 2.0 so it's not gonna look much different then Android 1.6. You can do a search for "widgets" in the market and find close to 400, about 100 of those will help customize the home screen, to go deeper into the UI you can get aHome, OpenHome, DxTop, GDE and maybe some others. All of those have theme packs which will give you custom icons and possibly skins for the clock, Weather Widget will give you a flip clock w/ weather like Sense and you can get a bunch of different clock variations and weather icons.