Droid or the Eris?

Last Updated:

1. youllberad

youllberad Member This Topic's Starter

So my Motorola Q9c has crapped the bed, time to get a new phone, want to go android and get out of winmo, Now the moto q9c is an awful phone, ive never heard of bad phones from HTC now moto ive heard plenty of bad.

Ive had tried out both phones, still cannot decide, does the moto get dust under the screen like the moto q and is it reliable, my moto q has to hard reset few times daily to get messages ect..

The eris seemed solid, seem like th software was well tailored and has experience the moto seemed like it was rushed to hit production, whats your thoughts. By the way i work in a VZW call center and the HTC Passion has not hit our databases so not sure if thats coming out as soon as you guys hype.

Advertisement
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Well-Known Member

I've never had a good HTC phone...I went with the Droid.

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I have had a few Moto phones in my lifetime, and at least a couple of people have complained about the DROID getting dust up under the screen, but that has not happened to me in 8 days with it.

Also, Android 2.0 has some issues with it - but at least this A2 is untouched by VZW, unlike most of the other phones they sell.

4. speedracr13

speedracr13 Active Member

I can't compare to the Eris because I've never used it. But, my previous phone was the Q9m and I can tell you that I am extremely pleased with my decision to get the Droid. Everyone that I've showed it to has been really impressed with its speed. I've had it since the release date and I love it so far.

5. Christine

Christine Active Member

I was so unhappy with my HTC-made phones that I didn't dare look twice at the Eris (although I found it far more visually appealing than the Droid). I know a lot of the problems with my old phone might have been Windows Mobile's problems, but my brother's Samsung i760 didn't have any of its problems. Even if you overlook the things that could have been software issues, I had sparks coming out of the earpiece of one phone and nonworking buttons on two others (when you think you've hit "end" and the phone disagrees, your professor might accidentally overhear you singing to yourself about how awkward it is to answer the phone naked).

That said, when I picked up the Droid Eris, it did feel far more solid and well built than the vx6800 I so hated.

6. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member

I would say the only pro to getting the htc is the size. The droid is a little heavy, but i got used to it in like a day.

The htc is slower. definitely, slower!