Droid Orientation and....

Last Updated:

1. mp3spy

mp3spy Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed the Droid does not automatically adjust the orientation to landscape on the home screen UNLESS you pull out the keyboard OR open an application and then rotate the phone. Anyone else see this? It gets annoying especially if I'm in the car driving.

Side ?, any apps out there that allow you to see all open applications/windows in mini windows sorta like how Linux/MAC/Sony X1 have the capability instead of hitting the back button endless or drilling down to no end?

Advertisement
  2. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

For the first question.. this is normal and the way the Droid is programmed to run. A future app may enable auto rotation of the homescreen.

For your second question.. closest thing i can think of.. look up "task killer" in market. There are a few apps that will allow you to see and kill/automatically kill running processes.

3. mp3spy

1: OK, Boo!
    2: No I meant something like Compiz...where you say touch the corner of the screen and it gives you a display of all the windows/apps that are open and fits them into mini windows so you can toggle between each window display, get it ?:D The Sony Xperia 1 did it I believe..

4. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

While it doesn't show all the running processes, if you longpress the home button it will display a list of the 6 most recently used apps which you can jump to by pressing their image

5. mp3spy

Lookup compiz! !! I don't want to kill Apps. I want to toggle quicker an more efficiently

6. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Did you even try what he suggested? It brings up the 6 most recent apps for you to "toggle quicker and more efficiently"

I would think 6 is enough. If you need to see more, there may be an app in the market for that.

If someone is going to port Compiz to the Droid, I would like to make a request for Aero as well, hahaha.

7. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Easy dude. Just try it. It doesn't kill apps, it allows you to "toggle" between open ones.

8. baka

baka Well-Known Member

try GDE

probably as close as you're gonna get to any compiz at the moment

[​IMG]