Droid owners that switched to Nexus?

Last Updated:

1. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since a switch in carriers is required, I can't image there are too many Droid owners that have switched to the Nexus at this point. If you are such a person, how about talking about the differences between these phones and what you liked/disliked about each. :cool:

Advertisement
  2. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

There are those who haven't switched, but are carrying both the DROID and the N1. If you do a search, you can find some of those impressions.

3. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to get all those impressions in one thread, to help me make an informed decision, especially if we can't play with the phone for two hours at a brick-n-mortar.

4. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

I switched (well, I will have by this afternoon when I sell off the Droid). I made the switch mostly because I would have preferred the Droid to not have a physical keyboard, since it sucks (yes it may be nice to have but it's arguably one of the worst out there) and to not be tied to Verizon. Since the phone is a secondary device for me, used primarily as a data only option, I prefer being able to have a second line with Tmobile. This allows me to have a cheaper plan and swap SIM cards if I did want to use it as my primary. Yes I lose out on "The Network" but I'll be ok with that.

As far as the two phones go I prefer the Nexus One although the Droid is still very nice. I like the N1's slimmer profile and more solid feel it has due to lacking the slide out keyboard. The N1 just feels great to me.

When it comes down to it the questions are construction and network. 2.0.1 and 2.1 are so similar that they are basically using the exact same OS so this shouldn't be a consideration at all. Many will choose based upon network and given the modest differences in hardware, this should probably be the determining factor.