Droid Performance Problems

Last Updated:

1. m.f.a.mazzola

m.f.a.mazzola Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to the forum, so I am not sure if anyone has posted on this previously, but I am having problems with my dorids performance. The system lags when I try to drag from window to window. There is also a lag when I try to open Handcent or even just my call log. Anyone know of any quick fix. I am also using HelixLauncher. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. droidftw

droidftw Well-Known Member

Are you rooted and overclocked if not you should ull get much better performance

3. stevehy

stevehy Well-Known Member

Are you also using Beautiful Widgets? If so, I have found there is an occasional problem with Helix with these, particularly when going from twitter to browser, and then back to home screen.

4. m.f.a.mazzola

No, I am not rooted.

5. m.f.a.mazzola

Nope, I dont have Beautiful Widgets.

6. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

I'm going to catch a lot of flak for saying this I am sure.. but you probably have a lot of apps running in the background. A task killing app(I use Taskiller with it's mini task bar). Kill anything you are not currently using, and put most commonly used apps that you don't want autokilled on the ignore list. You should note a change in performance.

7. m.f.a.mazzola

I have advanced task killer but it does really help that much.

8. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

You might have a 3rd party program which might contain a memory leak or is just badly constructed and it might be draining your performance significantly.

Your Droid might also just not be reacting well with Helix Launcher.

Also, make sure that if your using Helix Launcher that there are no widgets on your regular launcher. It takes resources to keep both running.

9. m.f.a.mazzola

I removed Helix and it is still running slow, how do I check for a 3rd party. Ive only downloaded from the market. Is there an app to boost performance?

10. kungfulu

kungfulu New Member

I had the same problem after I upgraded to 2.1. It seemed the live wallpaper was the problem. If you have a live wallpaper running, change it to a static pic and see if that fixes it. Without the live wallpaper, it is running as fast as the first day I got the phone.

11. matthew.k.taylor

matthew.k.taylor Member

i am also running the helix launcher and have noticed a significant drop in speed and performance. seems to come and go though

12. Johey C

Johey C New Member

I had the same problem. I went into my browser, then into it's settings and cleared all its cache and history, which helped a tiny bit, but then I went into Handcent/Messaging and deleted all my old text threads. That had the largest impact of anything I've tried thus far. Still experiencing a bit of lag, but MUCh better now, more like when I first got the phone. I estimate I deleted somewhere around 2000 SMS'.

13. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

get the historyEraser app...good for a quick delete of search history, cache and so forth.
    I had the same problem w/ helix and Live wall papers...making me want to go to the dark side and just root and OC. Going to probable attempt that in a few days.