Droid phonebook download doesn't workSupport

Last Updated:

1. hrhead

hrhead Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I have the Motorola Droid and the Motorola T325 bluetooth speakerphone. It tries to sync the contacts and recent call list, but nothing happens. No notification or prompt appears. Has anyone gotten the PBAP protocol to work? I am running the latest Droid rev.

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Moving to Motorola Droid support and troubleshooting forum

Welcome to the Forums BTW ;)

3. GDVS

GDVS Active Member

4. hrhead

hrhead Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the link, it helped, but ultimately didn't work. Somehow the Motorola speakerphone I have paired originally without prompting me for the password. Based on the link you provided, I unpaired it and reestablished the pairing. This time I was prompted for a password and I received the notification that it was trying to sync the address book. I accepted it with high expectation of success only hear a suave, British accent say "Address book sync fay-uhld."

I'm wondering if the fact that I have Google Voice installed or that my address book includes Facebook Contacts is causing the problem. Not sure.

5. audioscience

audioscience Member

I just bought a Motorola T325 and at first had issues with it downloading the address book. It does work however; when you pair your phone with the T325 you need to catch the notification on your Droid to give it permission to download the addressbook. When they initially pair you should hear a notification tone from your phone immediately. If you miss it or didn't do it initially don't fret, unpair and remove the T325 from the Droid's bluetooth menu. You may need to reset the T325 as well for it to pair again. When it does, grab the notification prompt.

After I did that it downloaded everything and it works with my Droid despite the funky British accent. :p

6. markwest

markwest New Member

I had the same problem where whatever I tried, the contact download failed. What I found was that the T325 when connected to my DROID via bluetooth actually uses the contacts on my DROID directly. No need to download in the first place!

Here's what I do now: Hit the "Call" button on the T325.It responds with "Speak Now". You then repeat the DROID contact name as it is listed in your DROID contact list. So for me I say something like "Call John Doe at Work" or "Call Doe, John at Home". The format of the name you use depends on how the contact is set up in your DROID Contact list.

Note that after you hit the "Call" button on the T325, the DROID has a popup telling you sample formatsofwhat to say. You also have the option to dial a number using the "Dial" option in the following format: "Dial 8002264040" and it will dial any number not in your Contact list directly.

Works for me--does this help anyone else? Nice thing is there is NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD CONTACTS IN THE FIRST PLACE. Don't know if it makes a difference but I am on Android version 2.2.1

Mark W.

7. mcbinder

mcbinder New Member

Mark -

That works, but the T325 is supposed to be able to get caller ID and if the number is in your contacts say who it is instead of "Call from 858-555-1212" it should say "Call from John Doe at home"

Mike