Droid physical keyboard repeating letters?Support

Last Updated:

1. STX21

STX21 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all. I've been searching for awhile and can't seem to find an answer so I decided to make this. Sorry if it's been answered already, like I said, I had no luck finding it.

Anyway, recently my Droid started randomly repeating letters. At first I figured I was accidentally double tapping a key, but after awhile I realized it wasn't on my end. For example, sometimes when typing "what" it'll come out as "whatt" or "whaat" or any variation of the word, with a double letter somewhere. Any one else have this problem or find a fix for it?
    Running BB v0.9 if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    STX21

Advertisement
    pschaf likes this.
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Quit trying to type as fast as you do. lol. Honestly I don't know, I have never had that problem. Maybe try turning the beyboard off than on again may help? Worth a try.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. STX21

Thanks. How do you turn off the keyboard though?

4. boogaloo

boogaloo Member

I was having the same problem, but mine was with the onscreen keyboard. I shut down my phone, removed the battery and rebooted my phone. That did the trick for me, not sure if you have already tried this.

5. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

The only time this has happened to me is when the phone was lagging. i.e. whatever program I was typing into would momentarily freeze.

6. STX21

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've tried everything listed and I'm still having this problem. Any other ideas/fixes you guys know about?

7. RobIsMe

RobIsMe New Member

I have the same problem that started happening while I had bb 0.9 installed. I have since upgraded to 1.0 but the problem didn't go away. Have you been using a different charger than the one provided? I've read that this can cause problems with the keyboard, and it almost seems like the problem started after I used a friends blackberry charger. Its making me dread that I may have damaged my phone... Any info would help!

edit: new here, sorry if this thread was too dead to revive.

8. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

It seems pretty unlikely that the charger could have caused this unless it's really just a crappy piece of electronics. With micro/mini USB chargers they are pretty much all the same voltage (5.1V or thereabouts) and the only difference is the amperage.

9. pschaf

pschaf New Member

It has been a while since the last post, but I'm having the same issue on my Droid 2 running Froyo (2.2)
    The problem occurs on the physical keyboard and like the original poster, typing words like "what" will come out as "whatt" or "whaat".