Droid Playlists won't refresh

Last Updated:

1. hrhead

hrhead Member This Topic's Starter

I use Media Monkey and it's worked fine syncing my music to the Droid. My last sync though, I changed some play list. The Droid now shows some of them, not others and one that was renamed shows up with its old name.

Media Monkey writes the playlist in m3u format to a \Playlists directory. The files in that directory are fine. The droid appears to be reading the playlists from somewhere else.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

Is the actual m3u playlist file updated inside with all the new tracks? If so, then the problem is probably that the Android OS keeps a "database" of your playlists internally. You can test this theory by deleting your music and playlist files. Now go back into your player. The playlists are still there. This was/is a bug track item for the Songbird player and its syncing to Android devices. I'm not quite sure what Google was smoking with that design but it sure as hell is irritating...

3. hrhead

hrhead Member This Topic's Starter

I killed the music player and restarted it, and still had the old playlists. I posted my thread above, walked to my car and BOOM they were there. Apparently I need to be more patient...