Droid pops on motorolas web site BGR got the scoop

Last Updated:

1. GixxerJoe

GixxerJoe Active Member This Topic's Starter

Here check it out http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/10/22/motorola-droid-makes-appearance-on-motorolas-site/

Advertisement
  2. billd

billd Well-Known Member

Up to 385 minutes usage time on a charge?

Impressive.

3. KGringo

KGringo New Member

Great phone. excellent attempt to meet consumer demands from moto,verizon and google. Yay for whats left of american capitolism!

this proccesor business has me thinkin now...

all rumors suggested 600mhz TI proccesor, motorola listed 550mhz which is probably indicitive of underclocked speed to produce that great battery life they listed.

I'm not concerned about speed here. BGR reports this thing "flies" so theres no doubt in my mind this device would satisfy me. Ive got a samsung juke atm (shoulda been called the 'joke') so kinda of a big step up in technology.

All that aside theres a voice in my head that says "wait for the xperia 3 from SE" cause it has that 1ghz snapdragon proccesor...

My question is... what exactly would I be missing out on with this DROID in comparison to these other android 1ghz phones coming out?

what would that proccesor allow them to do that my future DROID wouldnt handle?

4. billd

billd Well-Known Member

What is sGPS? Standard GPS? Standalone GPS? I'm guessing it means normal GPS, as opposed to aGPS.

5. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Well-Known Member

The s stands for simultaneous GPS, allowing simultaneous transmission of voice and gps. The a stands for assisted GPS, which helps it get its initial position quicker.

6. randydandy

randydandy Active Member

Honestly, Kgringo I think were getting too focused on the hardware. I'm not saying hardware isn't important. I'm just saying in general, hardware has come along way. Specifically chipsets. I mean look at PC's. You can get like an 8 core processor, but no software takes advantage of that kind of processing power. We can barely get any software out that takes advantage of 2 cores. I know phones are a little different because we have been burned in the past. Cell manufacturers have not forseen the evolution of the OS, Apps, Widgets exc. and have produced laggy phones in some instances. Call me naive, but I think Manufacturers are starting to catch on and as clean as the Android OS is (built for simplicity), were splitting hairs.

From just my experience alone with the phone, it was the most responsive phone I have ever used. The Iphone is right there too but that's withought running the 7 apps at a time that I was running on the Droid.