Droid Price at Verizion Wireless

Last Updated:

1. Keego

Keego Member This Topic's Starter

I've heard of people getting the driod through Verizion Wireless for $100. I know that other retailers like Dell are offering it for this price and I've seen posts that people put on here saying VW will not price match because those other carriers have different terms and conditions associated with the service. Has anyone got the Droid at a VW store for $100? And if so, how?

Advertisement
  2. edge

edge Well-Known Member

Just buy it outright... Don't get stuck in a contract.. You have more pull that way if there are issues.

3. JayhawkZ

JayhawkZ Member

I paid $100 for mine (after $100 mail-in rebate.) That was upgrade price with 2yr contract on primary line. Its been their standard price as long as I've known.

4. Keego

I assume you mean buy it with a VW contract through the store. I don't feel like paying the full price without a contract when I'll still need service anyway.

5. tweak4

tweak4 Well-Known Member

I got mine from VZW for about $120. Amazon had just started their deal where they had it for $109, but I couldn't get it from them because VZW has had our account screwed up since they first set it up (wrong number as primary, using discounts from opposite lines, etc), so I called VZW, explained the situation (and how it was their fault and I'd been told at least 5 times previously that it had been fixed), and asked what they could do. They said they couldn't quite match, but they'd give me my new-every-2 discount a couple months early and then give me an $80 credit to make up the difference.

6. DTM

DTM Active Member

Just got 2 motorola droids from verizon this morning. Total paid for both will be $98 after I finish the rebates. Main line was due for upgrade as was a second line. Price $199 less $100 new every two plus $100 Mail in rebate, makes it free. Second phone $199 with $100 Mail in rebate. Total cost for both phones $98.

7. Keego

I'm would be a new customer. Thank you for all the replies regarding upgrading an existing VZW account but that wouldn't apply to me.

8. DTM

DTM Active Member

Even as a new customer you would get the 2 year activation price of $199. Plus it has a $100 mail in rebate that would be available to you, making the phone be $99 even as a new customer.

9. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Where is it you are seeing that price? Its $199 online after the instant online rebate. Online orders dont have the mail in rebates. I should note that is also BOGO for the Droid.

10. DTM

DTM Active Member

It was at my local VZW store this morning.

11. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Well thats sounds like a pretty good deal. Guess the OP has his answer ;)

12. Coogi

Coogi Well-Known Member

As of right now I am still seeing and selling Droids new/upgrade for $299.99 with a $100 MIR. Would be nice if they lowered it to $199.99 with a $100 MIR