Droid prices after April 1

Last Updated:

1. unclsu

unclsu Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I have been holding out for the HTC Incredible, but that no long looks promising. So I am back to the Droid. VZ promo ends (BOGO) April 1. but thier price has been way overpriced compared to Walmart/Amazon/Wirefly and others which is currently @ $19.99. vs $199 or $99.00 each. So you would think the price will drop after April 1 with a new promo.

Any guesses out their, from those that work for big red?
    :confused:
    So far all disappointments from VZ no 2.1 update and no Incredible>>>

Advertisement
  2. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member

I understand your concern and frustration. Personally, I would wait until April anyway and see what Verizon does.

Regarding myself, I purchased my Droid from Wirefly for $100 in the middle of February. Shortly after, it dropped to $49 and now $20.

Not that I would want to detour you anymore, as I really like mine, but as I have mentioned in previous posts, I wonder how much longer the Droid will truely live due to the lack of hype compared to I.

Good luck with your decision.

3. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

The incredible will be released in april, with the nexus one soon after. Don't worry buddy. They are just waiting it out for some odd reason. It's coming in april. I'd wait a little long to see what happens.. April is literally like 5 days away...

4. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

Where do you get this info? there is no guarantee of when it will be released.

I for one am disappointed I didn't keep my droid from back in november. I wouldn't have been waiting like an idiot for htc and verizon to get their act together and with a one year contract I could have caught the next gen right after.

Its just reassuring to know when a new phone will be released. If there is one thing I like about the iphone is that. No surprises, june we get new one.

5. endorphine44

endorphine44 Active Member

I'm going to break down and buy one, tired of waiting. If the price drops and/or the incredible is released in a couple weeks great, I'll exchange Droid for incredible...if not, I still have a great phone and I'm not suffering through my BB Storm anymore.

6. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

Same here. Droid from amazon for $19.99 with free shipping.

7. unclsu

unclsu Member This Topic's Starter

I am going to wait til the new promo for the driod comes out in April 1st, they have to match or compete with these 3rd party sellers. Just looking for inside intel...

The N1 still seems to have many unsolved issues; just look at the help forum on Google. The incredible, at least I was hoping, was created to fix these issues do to the apparent design flaw of the N1. (antenna issues)

I never though buying a cell phone could turn into such a passionate issue. (its that 2 year contract)

8. discohornet

discohornet Well-Known Member

It really IS a passionate issue for a lot of us. It's not just the price of the phone, it's the new contract you get involved in. It's like meeting a girl at the mall and after a brief conversation and a bunch of her friends telling you how awesome she is (all the while gently ignoring her glaring defects) you decide to spend the next two years with her. Once a month she demands money from you and she will or will not deliver on her end of the bargain depending on the mood that strikes her. And when you go back to her friends and say why didn't you tell me this about her, they just shrug and say it's just a girlfriend, man, don't take it so seriously.

9. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

You know how you just get a gut feeling? Yeahh.. It was originally rumored march 23rd. I never said when in april. I just have a feeling IN ARPIL. Probably more the middle - end of it. And I read somewhere that they announced at CTIA, that Verizon said it was coming in the coming weeks (the nexus one). Not sure about the incredible though..

I'm just saying, If I were you, and had the choice to wait a little longer, why not? What could it hurt? Why not get what you truly want instead of settling for less? Just saying..:) But the Droid is amazing too. ;)

10. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Someone once asked me how much it cost to get married. I told them "I don't know... I'm still making payments!" :D

11. quiksilver169

quiksilver169 Well-Known Member

Haha, pretty funny analogy.

12. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

I've been reading the forums intermittently for a while. I finally registered specifically to tell discohornet: that is freakin hilarious.

great forum. thanks for all the info. I just paid $200 for my wife's new Droid at a Verizon store 5 days ago. Looks like I'll be asking them how they can justify that when walmart is selling them for 90% off of that price.