• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Prime Pictures

Here's yet ANOTHER rendering, complete with buttons:

http://r.phonedog.com/shared/images/2011/9/169502-nexus-prime-federico-ciccarese-render-001.jpg

Still looks sweet to me, and I could definitely see myself sporting it :)

best images of it yet.... however, if ics isnt out yet, then this phone will be replaced once ics comes out and touch buttons are gone.

hmm that's a very interesting point.

somehow they would have to be completely independent of each other so that the app doesn't make the menu bar feeze.

i.e. if an app freezes, I just long press home and go to system panel and cancel the process.

If an app freezes and menu bar is frozen, you have to wait for android to self close the program or for the phone to automatically reboot. I find if my phone is completely frozen I have to wait for a reboot anyways.

This has only happened over last couple months though as my Incredible is 15 months old it is starting to catch up a little.

luckily my dx is still going strong, just as it has in the past, not many issues with screen freeze

Wouldn't the absolute worst case be that you do a battery pull? I have had to do that on Froyo & GB due to a frozen app, granted it's once in a blue moon. Even though my phones have off screen buttons, I have had it lock up to the point where pressing the home button did nothing. So I had to do a battery pull. Seems to me the same thing would work here in that event. Not that big of a deal IMHO.

yes but i hate pulling the battery, its not bad, the phone boots up fast, but pulling the battery reminds me of the blackberry days :( dont want to relive that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones