• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Droid Pro clips and mounts?

dcorn

Nov 5, 2009
Anyone found any type of proprietary clip for the Droid Pro yet? I was really hoping since the phone is made by motorola, they'd come out with a car mount like they have for the Droid, D2 and DX. Loved it for my Droid and probably should have tried to fit it to the Pro, but gave it to my friend before I could.

I've even thought of getting something that fits the Incredible since they are just about the same size, but the car mount for that is based on their pocket clip, which is contoured for the weird DInc backing.

and FYI, I'm not looking for something universal, I'm not a fan of those pinch type holders. Would much rather have something hold the phone very secure. It'd even be fine to have a pocket holster that I could turn into a car mount, but no such luck yet.

try proclipusa.com. First choose the car mount specific to your car, then choose one of the universal holders. They have them for smaller and larger devices, but they don't just squeeze shut each time. You adjust to fit it perfectly, then tighten the screws and it's as if it was made for the dp. Every device I've had the past four years has sat in one of these. Granted, I always got the one specific to the device, but it takes them about a month or so to come out with the new ones. They are expensive, but I've not found any other comparable solution. And the other great thing is they can be swiveled sideways for nav widescreen viewing.

http://www.proclipusa.com/otherholders/otherholders.aspx

I actually took the one from my old BB tour, and with a little felt piece and glue, fits the dp perfectly so I don't have to buy a new one when available.

I'm still trying to find a belt clip holster, not a case. Seidio hasn't designed one yet for the dp - that's the brand I use for every device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones