2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

It looks awesome!

3. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

xmr405o likes this.
  4. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

well it looks nice but not what I wanted. darn. at least it's thin.

5. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I agree. I think it's a smart move by Moto.

6. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

Very smart move. This thing should sell like hotcakes. The vertical candybar QWERTY android handset is non existent.

7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

my daughter's a bb user. Maybe she'll like this one?

8. nifer

nifer Well-Known Member

my sister is a blackberry user but wants to take the android plunge. this will probably be the phone to make her finally switch

9. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

All those specs may look impressive... until you look at the screen specs, why did they cheap out on the screen when they went all out on the CPU and OS? The 3.1" 320x480 looks ugly and the screen is way too small (I had a Quench which is 3.1").

10. fastharryDOTcom

fastharryDOTcom Well-Known Member

doesn't the small screen make the ineligible for android 3.0?

11. MakaylaQ

MakaylaQ New Member

I like it! Motorola has announced the new Droid Pro, an Android phone built especially for business. With the operating system of a Droid, and the form and function of a Blackberry, the Droid Pro is making waves. Some are wondering if the Droid Pro could be able to unseat Blackberry's enterprise dominance.

12. sookster54

Not until Google or some Android based group gets a BES/BIS type thing going, encryption is important to alot of businesses.

Hmm I wonder, Motorola aren't the type of company that looks ahead with their devices, they're proving that with the majority of non-Droid devices right now, 5 month old devices are obsolete like they're last decade.

13. fastharryDOTcom

you got that right...

14. fastharryDOTcom

15. TaliaAlGhul

TaliaAlGhul New Member

The Droid Pro seems like it's exactly what I want. I love the Android system, but I never really got over my BlackBerry. This seems like it will be the best of both worlds.

I'm looking forward to it.

16. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

It does look like a blackberry running andriod os

17. sookster54

Just found out that this is a probability, another fail from Motorola, since many of their recent releases this past week and last week are low res display (240x320 and 320x480).

18. bww143

bww143 Member

I second that!!

19. google123

google123 Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to this phone. I really like Android. I really like the keypad on my Tour. One thing though, if the Samsung Jet can have a 3.1" AMOLED WVGA (800x480) screen, why did Moto drop a HVGA screen on this? Damn. Just saying....

20. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Looks like they are going for a business audience with this one, which doesn't really have a need for a super detailed screen. Not many BB's have screen resolution higher than this phone, plus this screen is bigger than all full QWERTY BB's out there other than the new Torch.

Definitely waiting for this one. Just lost my Droid this past weekend and I really need a phone, but I'll be activating an old one for now so I can grab this on release day.

21. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

I'm really not a fan but hey, thats why there are a bazillion phones out there... so everyone can have there favorite. ;)

22. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

I saw a blog post someplace that said having the low res screen uses less processing power so it sped the phone up. As above business users AS A WHOLE care less about multimedia features if the trade off is the enterprise stuff is rick solid.

Not sure if the lessor screen makes that much speed improvement myself though. It is something that gives me pause even though I'd prefer the form factor.

Will need to see it in person to decide if it's a deal breaker.

23. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

I believe moto has tweaked the OS for this device to make it handle addtional exchange rules such encryption.

If not there is always Good Mobile Messaging, who has been trying for years to give enterprise an option that isn't BES.

24. S.Warren

S.Warren Member

Not only does this phone have Android (which we live for) it's got the feel of a blackberry (which many obsess over) I beleive that the feel of the blackberry on this device will encourage many more to join the droid nation. :D

25. igot5onitt

igot5onitt Member

having formerly been a devout BB user for BES/Exchange support & mobility.. i finally made the switch to android when the EVO came out (had way too many features to pass up)..

yesterday i configured the Droid Pro for one of my clients. I must say.. this thing really does have the feel of a BBerry.

The keys are very similar to that of the newschool BBerry Tour w/the angeled keys.

One thing i really wished could've been included in this phone (that i love about the BBerry) is the ability to.. from the home screen, start typing ina contacts name and it will pull them up. When you start typing anything on the Droid Pro from the home screen, it starts searching google.. so i guess that's kinda cool if that's what you're into, but this is suppose to be an enterprise phone so i don't see the use.

Also, heads up.. setting up exchange on these devices is not as easy as you would've hoped.. i'm now starting to think that moto has the WORST corp sync installation wizard. if you end up getting the Droid Pro and want to use Exchange/Corp Sync.. read this: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-pro/219209-help-ms-outlook-droid-pro.html#post1889962

it's my solution to the puzzle of getting it working