2. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

• apparently this is a 43.8MB file
    • updated Blur
    • not Gingerbread

Wonder if it supports root??
  3. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Well-Known Member

We seem to be having the same conversation.... :)
  4. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

I saw a post by Android wizard extraordinaire, CellZealot, over at MyDroidForums, who claims :

"... it supports root and is an excellent build. It also supports using the band unlock and GSM performance is far superior to the previous radio firmware. Overall this build is incredibly stable and without question the best build yet for this phone."

That's good enough for me.
  5. bsweetness

bsweetness Well-Known Member

This was already my favorite phone that I've ever owned, and this update has made it even better. Everything is so much smoother and the battery life has been greatly improved.
  6. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

does anyone know what exactly was "updated" in this update?

EDIT: FOUND IT!

7. StoneCutter

StoneCutter Active Member

This just installed on my phone this morning.

After it rebooted, the battery indicator is now black with a white question mark. I plug it into the charger and it says:

Invalid Battery

You device battery is invalid and cannot be charged.

Replace the battery with an original Motorola battery.

The battery is factory and was working just fine before the update. Something in this update is causing this.
  8. bsweetness

First I've read about that. Mine is perfectly fine at reading the stock batter and the OEM extended battery. It's probably something in the update not working right with something on your phone (or files that didn't install properly).
  9. StoneCutter

StoneCutter Active Member

I pulled the battery and then put it back in. Everything is working normally now. Not sure what happened, but it was immediately after the update was installed.
  10. madonnell

madonnell New Member

Don't know if this is typical, but when I try to root my updated phone using z4root 1.3.0, z4's busy indicator spins for about 5 minutes, then the phone hangs hard - have to remove the battery to recover. Looking for a solution.
  11. bsweetness

z4root does not work with the latest update.

aRoot does work:

Download aRoot!

I had to install the latest Motorola USB drivers found here:

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

After installing those (if you're not already up to date), connect your phone to your PC in "Charge Only" mode, extract the aRoot files, double click on aRoot.bat, watch it do it's thing, your phone will reboot, and then you're rooted.
    Lewis2100 likes this.
  12. ms244

ms244 New Member

I was prompted to install the update this past weekend, which I happily did. Since then, however, I have noticed a considerable reduction in the phone's performance. It's very sluggish and hangs a lot (when scrolling through emails, typing text messages, scrolling through websites, moving between home screens, etc.)... very annoying. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? I've pulled the battery multiple times and haven't installed any apps since the update.
  13. bsweetness

Were you rooted when you installed the update? That seems to be causing a variety of problems for people.
  14. Lewis2100

Lewis2100 New Member

I was rooted when I installed the update and am having the same problems as ms244 is describing. Any way to fix this issue? I haven't rooted again yet using aRoot like you described.
  15. bsweetness

Most people who were rooted when they installed the update have had to do a SBF flash in order to get things completely working correctly again.

There's some information in this thread about flashing a SBF, along with links to the files required, further instructions, and further discussion about the issue (and others related to the update):

http://androidforums.com/droid-pro-support-troubleshooting/324907-factory-reset-not-working.html
    Lewis2100 likes this.
  16. Lewis2100

Lewis2100 New Member

Okay I was able to get this all sorted out, thanks for your help.
    This was the process that ended up working in case anyone else has this issue.
    I flashed the 2.26.20 SBF using RSD Lite like in the link above. This was two updates back from the most recent version 3.8.7 and actually brings you back to Android 2.2.
    I had to factory reset the phone using Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset because it would not take the 2.26.60 update.
    Then I was able to update to 2.26.60 and finally to the most recent 3.8.7.
    The phone seems to be stable and fixed!
  17. bsweetness

Awesome. Glad it seemed to have solved your problems. And yes, a factory reset after the SBF is a must to completely clear out all user data/programs. Having a SBF available is always a huge plus for correcting any seeming uncorrectable issues.