• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid problem

mbsheldon

Lurker
Sep 22, 2011
Hi there. I stupidly dropped my droid incredible in water last weekend. I imeaditely took it apart, dried everything off and let it dry and then put it in rice over night. I put it together the next day and it worked fine for a day. Then the next day it started acting up so I powered it off to see if that helped. It starts to come back on, goes through the process but gets to a certain spot, stops and starts all over again. I put it back in rice for 2 more days HOPING it would help but it still hasn't. Should I just give up or is there something else I could try? Please help.

You could try loading up the bootloader and doing a full factory reset on it. If you already are rooted with a custom recovery, you could try restoring a NANDroid backup.

If that fails, you could try getting some isopropyl alcohol (commonly referred to as rubbing alcohol) and very, very carefully cleaning the phone. Make sure to keep the isopropyl away from your screen. If you can fully detach it, the better. Get a can of air (computer duster), as well. You should be able to dunk the phone in the alcohol, with the screen removed, without any fear. Then try to blow out all the alcohol with the can of air. Let dry for a day.

You can skip the rice part, too, btw.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones