Droid Problems/DefectsSupport

Last Updated:

1. michaelearth

michaelearth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Tomorow I will be switching to Verizon from Alltel To get the Droid. Now my question is: when I first get the phone, what defects or problems should I look for?

My reason for asking is than before I leave the store I can just exchange it right than and there without having to come back later.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. SimonSays

SimonSays Active Member

Not sure there's going to much you could do with a quick check at the store. Presumably these things do go through some sort of quality control. If you get one that restarts several times a day, that's not a problem you're likely to see before leaving the store.

If you're worried about the number of "Help my droid doesn't work right" threads, keep in mind that people with problems are FAR more likely to post about them than people who have no problems.

If you're really worried about it, I suppose you could make a quick call to someone to make sure the speaker and microphone are ok, and then perhaps search the internet quickly to make sure that works alright as well.

3. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that you can use Verizon phones and keep your Alltel service. Dont know for 100% though.

4. katahdin

katahdin Well-Known Member

Id pay for an plain simple phone to just make calls - too bad you cant switch which phone a call goes to !!

after a week I still have a lot of areas that I don't understand and options that aren't defined what they do. Trial and error shouldn't be the way to figure it out !!

5. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm SURE I read about someone doing this.