Droid problems lately

Last Updated:

1. Jcarmicha

Jcarmicha Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As of lately I've had a lot of issues with my Motorola Droid. I thought from the get go these problems were from Launcher Pro because they started occuring shortly after I installed it but after uninstalling it hasn't seemed to help.

My phone seems to almost lock up occasionally where I'm unable to do anything. After a removal of the battery the phone will come on and the touch screen is unresponsive. I'm unable to unlock my screen or do anything. It seems that removing the battery nonstop until it becomes active seems to solve it.

When I turn on the phone it will say "Preparing SD Card" or and is a bit brighter than the screen normally would appear.

What in the hell is going on and how do I fix it?

Advertisement
  2. Jcarmicha

Well normally a few battery pulls and it works - But I have been working on this for a few hours now without any luck.

Attempted to competely charge the phone figured that may be the problem.. Nope. Battery pull, battery pull, and battery pull and nothing.

The touch screen is literally unresponsive to anything. I can hold down the power button and see the options come up for Silent/Airplane/Shutoff.. but can't touch anything.

Can't even access the SD card to remove stuff. /sigh

3. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your problems. I recently started to use launcher pro and I noticed 3 things: 1) my phone would get really hot when I wasn't using it 2) battery life shortened 3) I had a few times where it would freeze up (which never happens).

So I stopped using it.

4. Hemorrdrhoid

Hemorrdrhoid Well-Known Member

5. Jcarmicha

I sure hope not. It took a few hours last night but I managed to get it to turn back on - I uninstalled almost all of my apps at that point hoping to not get the issues anymore. Funny it was the last time I was going to try before resetting the phone.

Today has been a good day thus far - Although I haven't used it either!

6. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Mine has been having similar problems but I thought it might've been due to the custom rom I have on it... hmmm

7. Deanie

Deanie Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately, it sounds a lot like what mine did before I had it replaced. I tried a new battery, but that wasn't it. In the end it turned out mine wouldn't charge and so the weirdness was a result of low battery. Good luck with yours, but it sounds like you may be headed for a replacement.

8. Jcarmicha

Bought my phone on Craigslist - How do you go about a replacement for that?

9. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

All Droids should be in warranty range. It hasn't been past one year. I would go and contact Motorola first and see what they have to say, then if nothing else works ask for a replacement.

10. nogravity

nogravity Member

Well I had a problem where my droid was deleting contacts out of no where.. very strange, and when I put them back in it would not allow me to sync them with their FB profile..also the phone would get very very hot. Verizon replaced it as they had no idea what was causing the problem. Though it was happening after I put skype on my phone. You should check with verizon to see if they will replace it for you. They will first do a hardcore reset, then if the problem is still happening they will replace it. This is if they dont give you grief for buying the phone of clist which i wouldnt bring up,maybe say it was a gift or given to you by a family member, if they do go to a different store and keep trying. I believe they can track the first purchase date I could be wrong, if its under a year old they have to replace it

11. Jcarmicha

I'll toss around that I bought it off my neighbor who couldn't stand it or something along those lines.

12. Jcarmicha

So I just got off the phone with Motorola and I'll have to send it in to be repaired. Bummer.

Funny thing is though when I was on the phone he was having me check something under my system settings and it froze up there and I'm back to the same issues! GRR!