• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid problems... Where to begin!

Not bullying, just showing you how your enlarged fonts look to others...it wasn't necessary. Bullies also don't post links to help you find solutions to your issues. Solve a man's problems he'll get it resolved...teach a man to be proactive and use search, he can help himself going forward.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Upvote 0
Well, I finally turned to this forum to deal with my Droid frustrations. First off, stf85202, I have used the scrfeen cover sold by the Verizon store. It did not change the touch screen responsiveness.

My issue is spontaneous calling. Sometimes butt calls, but not always. Yesterday, I finished a call and hung up, only to see the phone call another number. Later, I put the instrument down and watched it dial that same number. This cannot be from screen pressure, because the phone was not being touched. As the day progressed, it called the number multiple times, even while sitting on a shelf charging! Always the same number. Luckily, it is a good friend, but I would like to preserve that friendship.

Anyone else experiencing this? Help!

Reactions: crazytekkie
Upvote 0
Well, I finally turned to this forum to deal with my Droid frustrations.

What apps do you have installed?

Do you press the power button after ending calls? I guess I'm anal and a habitual person. After I end a call or even look at the screen I quickly press the power button to not waste screen juice. Do you do this as well?

you mentioned though that it will call this person even when you don't put it in your pocket - any apps?

Upvote 0
And the original poster is right. Motorola has long had a reputation for releasing things that aren't quite up to snuff(although I have always liked their interfaces). BUT, it's the market in general really. Instead of spending years improving the same model, most companies try to cater to american's need for novelty and release a new and improved model with a new name and a whole new set of problems.

The only company that has learned from this mistake is unmentionable in this forum, and they learned the lesson well and are going to continue to profit from it. Unless someone in the Android business learns this same lesson then we will be doomed to continue repeating the same errors. In the meantime if this is all the trouble you've had with your phone I fail to see any reason why you should continue to hope it's going to get any better. This phone you have is absolutely not up to spec. I can vouge for that- never had any of the issues you are having so unless you have some offending app on there this phone is a dud and better be returned soon or you will lose out on the warranty.

Upvote 0
What apps do you have installed?

Do you press the power button after ending calls? I guess I'm anal and a habitual person. After I end a call or even look at the screen I quickly press the power button to not waste screen juice. Do you do this as well?

you mentioned though that it will call this person even when you don't put it in your pocket - any apps?

Hi Disco. I typically do, to turn off the screen. My apps are Bank of America, OpenTable, and Maps, as well as the standard stuff that comes with the instrument. My considerable frustration arises because there is no common denominator. The incident I cited was the most egregious because I was looking at the thing and it just dialed. Earlier that day it dialed while sitting on the shelf charging.

When I do turn off the screen, it sometimes

Upvote 0
I was beginning to wonder why it seemed I was the only one with problems with this phone. I m pretty tech savvy and can understand the occasional bugs but finally I found others with the mass issues of the phone and OS like me. For those of you whos sound like a motorola commercial and have no problems supposedly, I ask, have you actually used it out of the store and in real life, normal situations??

DROID PROBLEMS..... WHERE DO I BEGIN!
Picked up the phone three weeks ago with the greatest of expectations. Wanted an iphone for years but did not want to move from Verizon. Finally I saw Droid as the answer. Prepaid for the phone from Best Buy and picked up early the morning of the first day. I had them install the plastic screen guard..... WHICH may be what is leading to a lot of the touch screen and proximity problems.

Here is what I have experienced thus far:
Very poor battery life. Have to re-charge some times twice a day.
Battery door falls off frequently.
When on a call, frequently the screen goes black and cannot get it to wake up to either open up the on screen key board so I can put in my pin for e-mail..... or to hang up after the call.
Constantly have to push the on -off button on top... to get the screen to shut off or to turn on.....and frequently have to search to find the top of the phone from the bottom to locate the button.
Signal strength compared to other phones I have used is not as good
ONE BIG PROBLEM.....The phone frequently "pocket dials" the last call I just logged off from!!.
Touch screen... especially the for symbals at the bottom are not responsive to touch.
Other minor irritating problems but not as important.

Tomorrow.... I am back to Best Buy to give the phone back and got my old phone re-activated..... It worked for the past two years with NO PROBLEMS..... and it was one of the FREE LG phones from Verizon.

Verizon has a great network... ultra reliable but they and Motorola really blew this opportunity to one up the i-phone.

STF 85202

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones