• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid problems

S

SpasticPat

My droid, starting last night won't connect via data. Airplane mode is off, I have a perfect signal and have revolted and battery pulled multiple times. I haven't done anything different or installed any new apps or anything. The last thing I did before it stopped working was a normal call to one of my friends. The only other thing I can think to try is a factory reset but I don't want to lose all my apps. Any suggestions or how can I back everything up if I do a full reset? Thank you!

A factory reset will only change out things like settings for apps, account settings, etc. It will not fix hardware issues.

You have a potentially bigger problem - in that your WiFi chip may be on the fritz. Or, you may have a slightly smaller problem - in that you may need to jump start it.

Take the battery out of the phone and let it sit for about 10 minutes (I'm being safe, it can probably be fixed in less time, but we want to be sure). Then put it back in and power it on and see what happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones