Droid provide internet access to iPod touch?

Last Updated:

1. InAsheville

InAsheville Member This Topic's Starter

I see a previous question about the fact that the Bluetooth technology on an iphone will only allow it to pair with the Nike shoe thing and some kind of head set, and will not allow it to pair to the Droid for transferring files or even to access internet. So, is there a way to use the wireless capabilities of the Droid to share its internet connection since the ipod touch can also use wi-fi? I don't have an ipod touch or I'd try it but I'd like to buy one (for the wife) and if we're in the car, she can use my droid's Verizon signal to get on the internet with the ipod touch's wi-fi capibilities.

Advertisement
  2. fam

fam Well-Known Member

I know that there is usb tethering to a notebook. (or anything with a usb) There will eventually be wifi tethering on the market (but through bluetooth is above me)..but verizon may or may not dictate the cost of doing that (I would assume they would). Right now your only bet (to my knowledge) is using a laptop in the car (ive done this...while driving lol).

3. greg72

greg72 Well-Known Member

On my TP2 (WinMo) there was an application that was created a secure wifi router and I was able to connect with my ipod touch. I would assume if something similar came out for the Droid it could be done.
    (I gave my touch to my wife when I got my Droid, no need for it anymore.) :D

4. GreedyBird

GreedyBird Well-Known Member

I hope this eventually happens, there is ONE application on my ipod touch that needs internet that is useful and there is not a substitute on the android market place

5. ahammer

ahammer Active Member

6. InAsheville

InAsheville Member This Topic's Starter

well, we need someone to develop it! I'd be willing to donate to that person if they would do it.....and do it without having to take ownership of my roots or root or whatever that is. :)