Droid Randomly rebooting

Last Updated:

1. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For the past couple of days, my phone has been rebooting on it's own. I'm not so sure as to why.. Both times, it happened when I wasn't using it. I just happened to catch the white Motorola logo appear, and it's in the process of booting up. My droid is overclocked to 900mhz, but only 600 for standby/sleep. It's not overheating or anything.. so I don't know. Running Bugless Beast V1. I wonder if it has anything to do with signal loss? I don't usually have good signal in my apartment.

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Do you have a nandroid backup from when it was running smoothly? If so, I would do a data wipe and a restore and see if your problems are corrected. You might also try a different kernel (different speeds and voltages).

3. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

+1

i used to get that every now and then with different kernels and setups. since i started using P3droids kernels i have not seen this issue. i am not saying that P3 kernels are the answer for your phone it just seems to have helped on mine.

4. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Mine has been doing the same thing lately. I'm running Nextheme R2 and a P3 kernel @ 1ghz. Although, I've been running that combo for quite awhile, and only recently has my Droid been a PITA, so I'm not blaming either the ROM or the kernel. I think it's more likely some combo of apps not playing well together (I have a lot of stuff going on at once at any given time) and/or a lack of free memory. Helix launcher has also become slow & unresponsive, and screen switching has become laggy, so I've got multiple problems. I'm about to nuke it and try NexBeast v1.

5. flex_droid

flex_droid Active Member

This has happened to me also. I re-installed my previous ROM backup and re-installed NexBeast. My observation has been that you should always wipe out your phone's data and cache. if you care about your apps, you should use a tool such as DroidRootHelper (free in Market) to backup and restore your apps.

Note that to use this tool you need to go in the following order:

1. Mount system read/write
    2. Backup Apps
    3. Sync
    4. Mount systems read only
    For more details concerning this tool go to Google and search for DroidReview; his videos are really good and in a few of them he uses this tool to flash SRecovery.

Hope that helps!

Also, you should try NexBeast v1.0 seems to me that it is a variation of Bugless Beast. If you have any issues you should post in the following thread http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/71752-themed-rom-nexbeast-v1-0-blazing-fast.html. You will always get a response in that thread on anything regarding NexBeast.