Droid Razr Locks-up ContinuouslySupport

Last Updated: 2013-03-11 20:35:34
  1. RedDawgEsq

RedDawgEsq New Member

My wife's Motorola Droid Razr locks-up and becomes totally unresponsive anywhere from 15-20 times a day. She has to go through the Pwr/Vol- reset procedure to get it to do anything. Sometimes it will lock-up as soon as 5 min. after doing this and it's REALLY starting to bug her. Has all current updates, does not have MotoCast installed. Cannot correlate it with any particular app or use activity. It has been this way ever since she got it and Verizon only wants to replace the phone. This is the 5th phone she has had since starting out with a Samsung Galaxy Stellar last fall which must have been a lemon. Every phone in the string of replacements, both new and referbs would wind up unusable with multiple issues until she finally got the Razr, which, other than these maddening reboots, seems to work OK. I got an identical Galaxy Stellar at the same time and have had very few problems with it and love it, but what's wrong with the Razr? Is it her magnetic personality? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets Well-Known Member

Have you considered the SD card may be defective?
    If it is, and the phone is trying to access an app on the card, that may cause it to lockup.
  3. RedDawgEsq

RedDawgEsq New Member

How can I test the SD card? It was a new card with the phone.
  4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

i think the razr has non removable memory.... but i dont know and to lazy to research that, if it does have removable memory, just get a standard low end memory card and try it out. if it is unremovable chances are it's not the memory card but the system could be to blame, have you formatted data since this has happened?
  5. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

You could power off, remove the external SD card, power on and see if you still have the problems.

I would also wonder if the SIM and SD cards are seated. It is worth checking. On some models they can become a little loose and cause problems.

... Thom