droid razr M camera issueSupport

1. IICybershotII

IICybershotII Well-Known Member

I absolutely love this phone in every way. It's really the perfect phone and up until this point I have had no problems. I was multi-shooting in the camera today and now afterwards it won't focus at all in any mode including video. When I touch the screen to focus on a point it makes the LED flash light up. And if I click to take a picture there is no focusing that occurs either. I have cleared data and force closed the app and looked everywhere to try and fix it. Help!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid Well-Known Member

I can't seem to recreate this - any luck yet? Have you tried simply rebooting?
  3. IICybershotII

Yes I have. I am now trying different orders of clearing data, force stop, and reboot. The issue is simply that the camera will not focus in any way or in any mode.

edit: at some point the issue with touching the screen and the LED lighting up stopped happening.
  4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

so basically now your camera no longer focuses regardless of what you do right?

try cleaning the camera lens, power off the device. if you can (i do not own this phone) remove the battery for 15 seconds, and put it back and power the device back on.
  5. IICybershotII

exactly. it is only in focus from about 2-3 inches away from the lense and is stuck there.

I have tried all of this to no avail :( (except for the battery since it's non-removeable)
  6. VoidedSaint

sounds like it may have gotten damaged.

in all honesty was it dropped? or have some heavy impact on the camera or impressive weight resting on the top of it at any time?
  7. IICybershotII

no i have been super careful with it since I got it. the problem started directly after exiting the multi-shot mode and trying to shoot in normal mode again.
  8. jntdroid

I hate to suggest it, but have you tried a factory reset? It would be silly to have to resort to that, but if it fixes it...
  9. VoidedSaint

i just wonder if it is a software related bug that is preventing the os to communicate with the camera...

i honesty think you may need to factory data reset :( that is the last step that anyone should take, and it seems you are there
  10. jntdroid

I have noticed the camera being a bit finicky at times, so a software glitch is quite possible - hopefully a factory reset would fix it. Regardless, you should mention this in the Moto support forums. I've had the camera, one time, be "unable to initialize" - I could do nothing but reboot to "fix" it, and missed the opportunity with my kids.
  11. IICybershotII

I might as well try that next, same thing as getting a new phone but I won't have to go in to Verizon.
  12. IICybershotII

I am sad to report that a factory reset did not fix the issue. On a good note, I took my phone off the charger at 630am and spent the entire day texting, emailing, messing with the camera, resetting the phone, etc and at 1130pm it went back on the charger with 29% battery left!
  13. jntdroid

Battery life is definitely great on this phone.

Man on the camera I don't know... there's nothing under the plastic (like dust or something) is there? Something that maybe sneaked in somehow?

I'm a bit worried something in your /system partition, some file or software thing, was borked when you were doing the multi-shot thing. And unfortunately, a factory data/reset doesn't touch much of the /system partition at all.
  14. IICybershotII

Doesn't look like there's anything under there. I tried blowing into the speaker really hard to dislodge any particles that could be messing with it. I'm going to the Verizon store later to change phones, although I wish I would have solved the problem.
  15. VoidedSaint

it is unfortunate that the problem isnt solved, even with a factory reset. i hope you can get this problem resolved and get a new device
  16. IICybershotII

I got a new phone and am kicking ass with the Razr M again. Such a great phone...!
  17. jntdroid

Can I go out on a limb and say you haven't used the multi-shot function on the camera yet? :p
  18. Stuart P

Stuart P Well-Known Member

anyone know how to turn the camera shutter sound off?
  19. TheMax7

TheMax7 New Member

When the camera is active, go to "settings" then at the bottom there is one for "Shutter tone" just uncheck it :)
  20. Stuart P

camera is on, clicked the cog wheel at the top. 'camera settings' slides opens with

widescreen
    volume key function
    instant on
    geo tag
    storage location

that is it. i have the razr i and unless the m and i are different but you would think not :confused:
  21. IICybershotII

Actually I went crazy with it in the store to try and see if the issue would pop up again on my new phone :D. But now I'm probably not going to use it anymore.
  22. TheMax7

TheMax7 New Member

Scolling down, its the next one below "Storage Location" perhaps thats not available on the "I" ?

23. Stuart P

apparently the razr i shutter sound cannot be turned off! booya!