droid razr m verison to straight talk?

1. willstar

willstar New Member

Hello, a bit of a newbie here so sorry in advance for a question that has probably been answered numerous times, im just not sure where to look.
    I have a razr that was previously under a Verizon contract, but now would like to get on a straight talk / or net ten plan...Is this possible, and how?...any tips or links would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Advertisement
  2. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Welcome willstar we are glad to have you here!!! I'm not really sure about the details about flashing your verizon razr phone to straight talk ot net ten but i can confirm that verizon is a cdma phone carrier and they do not use gsm sim cards like straight talk uses. so in conclusion with flashing to straight talk im afraid thats not possible. now on the other hand with net 10 im not sure what mobile technology they use currently.Hopefully that shines some more light on your question. im sorry i couldn't further assist you, but if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask!

Edit: actually after further investigating seems they are both cdma and gsm carrier.
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

welcome to the forums! hope you enjoy your stay here :ciao:

check your other thread for my response :)

if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
  4. Stick405

Stick405 Well-Known Member

From my limited knowledge..seems the Maxx is a GSM capable phone..however, like the OP, I too would like to use my Maxx on Straight Talk...I put in an ATT sim card..plenty of signal bars..just no service... Was told by a flasher, Motorola security was pretty tight and flashing the phone hadn't been figured out yet... Cheers...:)
  5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hi Willstar...

Glad to have you here with us. :)
  6. DragonSlayer95

If I'm not mistaken, the sim slot is for the 4G LTE features only. It's still a 100% CDMA device.
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

The sim slot takes GSM sim cards as well as Verizon LTE sims, but security on the device will prevent it from working with us GSM carriers. If you took the phone overseas it will work, or if you can get Verizon to unlock the phone, then it will work with the US GSM carriers.
  8. DragonSlayer95

Oops, well I was informed wrong of this then :p
  9. abmattsmom

abmattsmom New Member

So, can the droid razr m be switched from Verizon to Straight talk? I want to switch mine but don't know how.