Support Droid Razr Maxx Camera's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrwhtbear, Aug 26, 2012.

1. mrwhtbear

mrwhtbear Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I have a bit of a problem, I used my Camera on my Droid Maxx last night and got some wonderful shots, I shut down the phone after viewing the pictures and this morning I thought I would shoot a couple of more pictures of our camp site before leaving and low and behold the camera would not initialize. I first notice that the Face recognition feature did not work. I have tryed researching on the net but to no avail to fix this problem now I have only had the phone for a week so maybe I did something (or not), so if someone can come up with a fix I Thank You.

Advertisement
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member
    Contributor

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    try another reboot

also, does it give an error?

mrwhtbear likes this.
  3. mrwhtbear

mrwhtbear Member

Aug 21, 2012
    To answer your question It do's not give any error message just refused to start I also had tried several reboot's to no avail,then suddenly it started working again ( I am at a loss O well) but thank you for your reply just hope this dos'nt happen again (missed some beautiful shots) heading to Hawaii very soon.

4. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Settings>apps>all>camera> clear data

5. mrwhtbear

mrwhtbear Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Once again the camera quit working took a look in the apps menu and low and behold much of the things such as clear data are greyd out also I find I have 0.0B in all the right had columns almost as if there is no software drivers for the camera. Is there a way to download new stock drivers? It's almost like they some how were deleted and I sure do not remember doing anything Like that.

6. MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets Well-Known Member

May 4, 2012
    BORING
    Pensacola, FL
    Did you recently upgrade to ICS?
    Have you done a factory reset after the upgrade?
    The factory reset will clear many problems caused by the upgrade to ICS.

mrwhtbear and Sharondippity like this.
  7. mrwhtbear

mrwhtbear Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Thank You and yes I have even tried that to no avail I will of course keep plugging away and who knows I mught even figure out the problem

8. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    You might want to drop by the Verizon store to see if it's an issue they know about. I know that people have horror stories about dealing with the tech's in the store, but it wouldn't hurt. If there is a defect, they can assist you in getting a replacement...