1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Droid Razr says it's charging but isn't. Need helpGeneral

1. tpain569

tpain569 Member

I got a Razr a few weeks ago and rooted it, all was fine until a few days ago it stopped charging. When I plug it in the charging icon starts but the percent never goes up and the phone continues to die. This is the third time in as many days that it's happened. I've tried AP SBF flash booting and pretty much every other boot option and eventually it starts working after enough tries.

Anybody have any idea why this happening and/or how to fix it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Have you tried a different charger? My guess is your charger is shot. The phone would still recognize that it's plugged in so it would think it's charging even though it isnt
  3. MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets Well-Known Member

Are you using a charger made for the Razr?? Many 'off brands' do not provide enough current to properly charge the phone.
  4. tpain569

tpain569 Member

I first noticed it while using my friend's HTC charger which it has worked on before. I'm not plugged in using my old Commando charger that I've been using since I got it.
  5. razrclive

razrclive Well-Known Member

Try plugging the usb lead from charger into a USB socket on your computer it should charge then. If it does then your charger plug is faulty.
  6. tpain569

tpain569 Member

I tried using my computer but I get the same thing-- Charging, 20%-- still have the green light but no charging progress
  7. razrclive

razrclive Well-Known Member

How long are you waiting for % to increase as it can take some time to see any charge increase.
  8. tpain569

tpain569 Member

Hours
  9. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Sounds like you need a warranty replacement.
  10. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, you have tried using a different cable to charge it, right?
  11. tpain569

tpain569 Member

warranty isn't an option and I have tried different cables. I'm getting some response in BP only if i plug the charger in before in boots. But it seems like I only get another 10% every time I do it
  12. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Why isn't warranty an option?
  13. tpain569

tpain569 Member

I bought it off ebay and I rooted it. So unless there's a way around that
  14. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

might try to see if there is anything in the charging port on the phone, and maybe pry out the connections a little for better contact