Droid Razr won't charge past 60%

1. ThePie69

ThePie69 New Member

Ill charge my phone at night and its only at 60%. Ill charge it in my car and it will get a extra 15% or so but it wont go past 60% at home. Is it my charger maybe. It came with my htc thunderbolt so i wonder if its that.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

First off welcome to the forums :)

I would suggest trying a different charger, if you can borrow one from your friend or something...

Otherwise it could be a bad battery as well, you might want to try purchasing a new battery or calling the people you bought it from saying the battery is defective, that should work and be covered under warranty.

Hope this helps :)
  3. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Well-Known Member

Greetings pie,

I agree with Digital. It could be a battery issue, charger related or combination of both.

You have to be careful about using chargers from different brands of phones. Different phones can have varying power requirements. The HTC charger may not be able to supply the Razr with enough current, causing the charger to work harder and possibly over heat, further reducing the output of the charger.

Incorrect current flow can also damage the phone, battery or both. Not saying this has happened, but it is a possibility.

I would start by trying to use the charger for the Razr. After that, try a new battery.
  4. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I think it is a battery issue as well.